Ping Colin - KFC hot wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
A friend of mine seems to agree

I have 2 new foods lined up for tomorrow, I hope I dont bottle it, but I have a good feeling, then after tomorrow IF all goes well, then i can look to be more adventurous

If you do not bottle be sure to update your lunch got better pics. Genuinely "virtually" behind you. Good luck!

I have been buying the 1ltr this water Lemon and lime, trouble is the kids gulped before I get a look in!

Garz

Squat Member
I have been buying the 1ltr this water Lemon and lime, trouble is the kids gulped before I get a look in!

This is so true.

I found this drink and now the wife is obsessed, I'm lucky to get a swig these days. We get the normal size, where can you buy the 1ltr from?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
gaz
Apols for deserting you back there ... being doing a 3 counties in 3 days tour (work) and my baggage got lost in the system, had me laptop with a flat battery but no power cable or dongle... or clothes or anything!

Basically it's brill that you're prepared to try new stuff, point I was making was you just need to start on the right-stuff that will be part of a sustainable healthydiet.
Thus finding products you like to substitute your current 'meals':

'Breakfast product' a good start, the milk is very valuable e.g. - Porridge/Oats So Simple, Oatabix/Weetabix, Fruit and Fibre.
Healthy snack/Fruit e.g. Oat/Granola bar, Apple, Banana, Orange
Lunch item e.g a sandwich or roll (brown Bread of course) + Yoghurt maybe 1 packet of crisps!
Evening e'g something quick, simple and tasty to cook say Cajun Chicken + Salad, Tandoori chicken + (brown) Rice, Beans on Brown toast + Cheese, omelette, Pasta + sauce, Baked potato + beans or Tuna/sweetcorn or whatever. Simple stuff but very scrummy!

Quick note on Rice, brown is good, but white much less so as it is high GI, it's pure starch, brown rice, the bran slows digestion and contains fibre goodies too. Pasta is medium GI because it's protein content slows it's starch breakdown. Brown bread good, white bad.
Avoiding large carb intake in the evening is also a good thing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
'Breakfast product' a good start, the milk is very valuable e.g. - Porridge/Oats So Simple, Oatabix/Weetabix, Fruit and Fibre.
Healthy snack/Fruit e.g. Oat/Granola bar, Apple, Banana, Orange
Lunch item e.g a sandwich or roll (brown Bread of course) + Yoghurt maybe 1 packet of crisps!
Evening e'g something quick, simple and tasty to cook say Cajun Chicken + Salad, Tandoori chicken + (brown) Rice, Beans on Brown toast + Cheese, omelette, Pasta + sauce, Baked potato + beans or Tuna/sweetcorn or whatever. Simple stuff but very scrummy!

Quick note on Rice, brown is good, but white much less so as it is high GI, it's pure starch, brown rice, the bran slows digestion and contains fibre goodies too. Pasta is medium GI because it's protein content slows it's starch breakdown. Brown bread good, white bad.
Avoiding large carb intake in the evening is also a good thing.
I think that's a bit like trying to explain every position in the Kama Sutra to a young lad who is still plucking up the courage to ask for his first date! :whistle:

mangaman

Spuds are my staple - new and old available all year and the traditional British starch of choice.

I always have a ginormous, cheap bag of rice from the local Asian shop as it is cheap and nice.

A few store cupboard ingredients - tinned tomatoes, spices - fresh veg and fresh meat/fish in the freezer as a treat is easy - if you can boil some potatoes (I steam the veg in a colander on top while cooking the spuds).

Chicken wings from fast food joints are my worst nightmare - no meat - no idea as to what's happened to the rest of the chicken xx(

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I think that's a bit like trying to explain every position in the Kama Sutra to a young lad who is still plucking up the courage to ask for his first date! :whistle:

Yeah, all that info is great and will really help me once I am over the first hurdle BUT Right now, its alittle too much, too soon, really

Andrew_P

In between here and there
This is so true.

I found this drink and now the wife is obsessed, I'm lucky to get a swig these days. We get the normal size, where can you buy the 1ltr from?

It has started appearing in the premium fruit juice in Sainsbury. Bit steep really @ £2.80ish. I was looking at maybe getting a juicer and just do my onw fresh lemon and lime water.

It appeals to me as I am not over keen on juices, if I do have one I always make 30ish % Juice the rest cold water.

fimm

Veteran
I have a slightly off-the-wall suggestion about breakfast. Those of us who eat breakfast cereals pour milk over them, which results in a slightly mushy, slightly crunchy texture - not something I think you would cope with. However, there's nothing to stop you eating the cereal dry - that would be a nice crunchy texture, quite like crisps. I'm thinking something like cornflakes or bran flakes here. The only thing is they are quite bland, compared with your usual spicy tastes. Put the milk in a glass and drink it separately.

Camgreen

I have a slightly off-the-wall suggestion about breakfast. Those of us who eat breakfast cereals pour milk over them, which results in a slightly mushy, slightly crunchy texture - not something I think you would cope with. However, there's nothing to stop you eating the cereal dry - that would be a nice crunchy texture, quite like crisps. I'm thinking something like cornflakes or bran flakes here. The only thing is they are quite bland, compared with your usual spicy tastes. Put the milk in a glass and drink it separately.

If dry cereals is a go'er for you Gaz (haven't tracked back to check, sorry), you could always sprinkle a little ginger, nutmeg or black pepper on them, if spiciness is required.

Those reggae reggae nuts could maybe be incorporated as part of a nut cutlet further down the line too; but no running before you can walk
thumbsup.png

Cubist

Still wavin'
I may have found one particular answer.... jerk seasoning. Get a pack of wings from the supermarket, sprinkle with the seasoning which you can get from the world foods section (Rajah spices one is good) and roast at 180 deg for half an hour. Spicy Jamaican flavour, and an absolute doddle to make.

That way you are trying the wings your pallet appears to be prepared to try, coupled with the jerk flavour(similar to Reggae Reggae) that you already know and love, and trust me it's nice and spicy. Plus, none of the forced fats associated with SF Chicken.

As a serious offer, would it help for someone to nip over and show you how to make them, or even bring "some I prepared earlier"?

Camgreen

I may have found one particular answer.... jerk seasoning. Get a pack of wings from the supermarket, sprinkle with the seasoning which you can get from the world foods section (Rajah spices one is good) and roast at 180 deg for half an hour. Spicy Jamaican flavour, and an absolute doddle to make.

That way you are trying the wings your pallet appears to be prepared to try, coupled with the jerk flavour(similar to Reggae Reggae) that you already know and love, and trust me it's nice and spicy. Plus, none of the forced fats associated with SF Chicken.

As a serious offer, would it help for someone to nip over and show you how to make them, or even bring "some I prepared earlier"?

If you've got the right shops around you, you may even be able to buy ready prepared Jerk Chicken.

Jaristokraatti

Why not go for the chicken thighs?
Better taste, better texture -more of- than the breast. Cheaper as well.

Cook at home and use as much spices as you want.

Marinate, put on a oven dish, 30 mins at 180 C, some rice to go and voila!

Eat cold or warm, delicious.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Well, I wasn't expecting him to do this all at once!
It was the approach, the strategy. If you're looking to try something new then why not aim for something that fits one of the categories rather than something random?
Steady as you go!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Well, I wasn't expecting him to do this all at once!
It was the approach, the strategy. If you're looking to try something new then why not aim for something that fits one of the categories rather than something random?
Steady as you go!

And I do appreciate your help

It's just tiny baby steps right now

Gaz

Top Bottom