Ping Colin - KFC hot wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Has been suggested to me

Talk To me , educate me

:-)

Thanks
Well, you are outside my current area of experience since I last ate (non-fish) meat 25 years ago!

What I would say though is if you are going to eat meat, it is better to buy really good quality meat and cook it yourself because you then know exactly what you are getting. You want the best quality meat, with the least done to it. For example - free range chicken.

I would advise you to avoid the processed meat in cheap burgers, meat pies and sausages because meat processors put all sorts of horrible crappy stuff in there. I'm not even going to tell you what or it would keep you off meat for life!

Fast food chains are about making the most money out of selling the cheapest food so customers aren't getting top quality food, but are getting lots of saturated fat and salt and other junk.

I think that you should be trying to develop new healthy eating habits, not swapping a cold, snack, junk food diet for a hot, snack, junk food diet!

Well, you did ask! :thumbsup:

fimm

Veteran
I know I'm not Colin, but no... not on a regular basis... they're deep fat fried, which means that they're full of fat. Not good. However chicken is a Good Thing - it just depends on how you cook it.

I have a suggestion - why don't you start a thread asking us to list what we eat on a typical day, or during a week? That way you'd have an idea of typical diets - which are pretty varied.

Random idea, may not be helpful, I don't know.

ColinJ

I have a suggestion - why don't you start a thread asking us to list what we eat on a typical day, or during a week? That way you'd have an idea of typical diets - which are pretty varied.
The only trouble with that is that the majority of adults in this country are overweight, eat poor diets and have resultant health issues! :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
The only trouble with that is that the majority of adults in this country are overweight, eat poor diets and have resultant health issues! :whistle:

:whistle::whistle:

You might as well go for my kebab suggestion if you are looking at KFC Gaz, what could be better than a large slab of unidentified meat cooked in the window of a chip shop, sliced, put on some nan bread with a token bit of salad thrown on top and smothered in chilli or tomato sauce :tongue:

fimm

Veteran

Yes, true. I was working on the assumption that someone who cycles regularly might also have a better diet than average?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Fair point

Thought I'd ask as it was suggested that because I love hot/spicy snacks ( those nuts are freaking amazing ) that this might have been something I'd like but I think your train of thought is right tbh

ColinJ

Fair point

Thought I'd ask as it was suggested that because I love hot/spicy snacks ( those nuts are freaking amazing ) that this might have been something I'd like but I think your train of thought is right tbh
Look forward to the day when you can tuck into a good home-cooked chicken (or veggie) curry!

mr Mag00

rising member
halal it might be deep fried is still deep fried. my better half she makes very good kfc at home, recipe online somewhere and you can almost oven bake it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
gbb
DO NOT DO the KFC Hot wings. Whilst I'm of the opinion that it's bad diets rather than bad food that is the problem, the Hot wing (scrummy though it is) is not going to take you far away from crisps.

However, a similar experience can be had by taking a chicken breast, some Cajun/Southern Fried spices (readily obtainable from the supermarket spice racks for starters) beating flat the chicken breats with the spicesliberally sprinkled and... pan fry if you must, but better grill/griddle or George Foreman grill. Slice when cooked and add onto Salad, or eat with Coleslaw.
Takes about 15 mins.
For the moment avoid anything wioth breadcrumbs or fried if possible. You need to break the asociations with crisps and their flavour/satiety cues.

It might be helpful to understand what you're eating at the moment, so we can help break you free in a good way.
The supermarket can be your friend here, there are great things like fruit 'snack-pots' for lunch containing, Melon, Mango, pineapple etc all pre-prepared. There's fruit, both fresh and dried (dried apricots are fabulous as a snack - overdose might make you rush to the bog!).
Lunchwise, supermarket sandwiches on brown-bread are IMO OK, go for the low-fat low cal versions, but there is a lot of variety.
Many supermarkets also do mini-porttions for the lunch/kids market which are good tasters, cheeses for example, some meats, nuts etc. Ask at deli-counters to try things. Good bread can be bought in half-size loafs. There's crispbreads, Cereal is OK for lunch!
Mostly though, go for food as unprocessed as possible. Exceptions would be tinned fruits and beans/pulses and Tomato for cooking.
Develop a love of flavour and experience, rather than a love of calories.
I'm certain you know the difference between foods that are good for you and foods that are not so good, the trick is to make them affordable and palatable!

Lean proteins, veg and salad, fruits, cheeses, yoghurts, whole grains, fibrous foods.
Pasta in moderation (brown if possible), brown rice only, brown whole grain breads, no potato, pastry, cake, crisps or 'orange coloured' friedy/baked foods.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
gbb
DO NOT DO the KFC Hot wings. Whilst I'm of the opinion that it's bad diets rather than bad food that is the problem, the Hot wing (scrummy though it is) is not going to take you far away from crisps.

However, a similar experience can be had by taking a chicken breast, some Cajun/Southern Fried spices (readily obtainable from the supermarket spice racks for starters) beating flat the chicken breats with the spicesliberally sprinkled and... pan fry if you must, but better grill/griddle or George Foreman grill. Slice when cooked and add onto Salad, or eat with Coleslaw.
Takes about 15 mins.
For the moment avoid anything wioth breadcrumbs or fried if possible. You need to break the asociations with and their flavour cues.

It might be helpful to understand what you're eating at the moment, so we can help break you free in a good way.
The supermarket can be your friend here, there are great things like fruit 'snack-pots' for lunch containing, Melon, Mango, pineapple etc all pre-prepared. There's fruit, both fresh and dried (dried apricots are fabulous as a snack - overdose might make you rush to the bog!).
Lunchwise, supermarket sandwiches on brown-bread are IMO OK, go for the low-fat low cal versions, but there is a lot of variety.
Many supermarkets also do mini-porttions for the lunch/kids market which are good tasters, cheeses for example, some meats, nuts etc. Ask at deli-counters to try things. Good bread can be bought in half-size loafs. There's crispbreads, Cereal is OK for lunch!
Mostly though, go for food as unprocessed as possible. Exceptions would be tinned fruits and beans/pulses and Tomato for cooking.
Develop a love of flavour and experience, rather than a love of calories.
I'm certain you know the difference between foods that are good for you and foods that are not so good, the trick is to make them affordable and palatable!

Good post thanks

My daily diet is now

5 x baked ( low fat 90 cals). Crisps . 450 cals

1 x reggae reggae cashew nuts, 500 cals

1 x biggest loser meal bar, 200 cals

2-3 glasses of fresh orange

That's yer lot

Top Bottom