too hot to handle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
We did 31 miles today and it was too hot. Spending the week doing Norfolk’s BCQs so glad it will be cooler for the rest

Touring B&Q's used to be quite a popular crossover activity for DIY keen cyclists.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I generally enjoy the warm and managed one of my longest rides of the year on Saturday. I’ve been caught out with dehydration on one or two occasions in the past so I try and be a bit more sensible these days.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Ooooo, I did see some fairly scary effects of the heat yesterday. We were driving to Bolletta's new flat in Sarf London (engineering works so train out) along the the bit of the A316 that passes the southern edge of Richmond ?Old Deer Park.

We could see loads of people running and a bit of the finishing area for what turned out to be the Richmond half marathon. The already slow traffic ground to a halt, unfortunately with us close to a runner that had collapsed and was receiving treatment. Even on the short stretch of the marathon route close to the road you could see some other people who were struggling.

The traffic had stopped because there were three emergency vehicles (two ambos + 1 paramedic SUV) parked up in one of the lanes further up, all on blues. A bit further on we could see another ambo on the field, also with blues, and then another 2 paramedic vehicles turned up just as we made past the main pinch point. I'm assuming that they were there to deal with mainly heat-related incidents.

Most of the runners would have been fit enough to run 13 miles in more temperate conditions, so it shows what the heat can do. I hope everyone was able to recover without long-term ill-effects.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I went a strange purple colour after a very hot ride last summer. Probably my molecules denaturing. The woodland bits were cool, but the parched roads and fields were a sun-baked hell on earth.
1694447124768.png

A considerably longer ride yesterday, that peaked at about 30 C. Sweaty afterwards, but not purple.
1694447031502.png

Reactions: C R

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Touring B&Q's used to be quite a popular crossover activity for DIY keen cyclists.

It can also be combined with touring BBQs with a beer and burger at each.

Top Bottom