Piri piri chicken anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I keep saying I will try it.
I plan to use shop bought sauce.
Boneless legs/breast.
I assume that I can score/cut into the meat, massage the sauce in, marinate overnight then oven bake it will be right.
Any thoughts ?

BTW
I have only had this once, in Portugal. Very disappointed as the restaurant gave me cooked chicken and a pot of sauce.

vickster

Legendary Member

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I keep saying I will try it.
I plan to use shop bought sauce.
Boneless legs/breast.
I assume that I can score/cut into the meat, massage the sauce in, marinate overnight then oven bake it will be right.
Any thoughts ?

Should give you what you’re after. Don’t overbake it or it’ll get dry. I’d hold some sauce back for serving.

BTW
I have only had this once, in Portugal. Very disappointed as the restaurant gave me cooked chicken and a pot of sauce.
Since it is a Portuguese dish, perhaps they got it right? Piri piri is a variety of chilli pepper and is used to make a sauce which can be used as a marinade.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Slightly off topic; but if you like spicy chicken you might like to try Jamaican jerk seasoning. The genuine article, made in Jamaica. Dunns River jerk seasoning is sold in bigger Sainsburys branches. Simply marinade chicken (or pork) for a few hours or overnight, then grill, roast, bake, barbeque or whatever. Delicious! With quite a kick, variable on the amount of seasoning used. (ETA.... Don't be tempted by the powdered version; the stuff in the jar is so much better).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Slightly off topic; but if you like spicy chicken you might like to try Jamaican jerk seasoning. The genuine article, made in Jamaica. Dunns River jerk seasoning is sold in bigger Sainsburys branches. Simply marinade chicken (or pork) for a few hours or overnight, then grill, roast, bake, barbeque or whatever. Delicious! With quite a kick, variable on the amount of seasoning used. (ETA.... Don't be tempted by the powdered version; the stuff in the jar is so much better).

View attachment 606917
Agreed. You really can't beat some great jerk chicken,
Co-Op also stock Dunn's River. I always have a jar in the fridge.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I seem to recall from an old Thai food thread that @Dave7 isn't one for very spicy food, so an authentic jerk chicken might be a Scotch bonnet too far :ph34r:

Ditto Nando's XXX piri piri sauce
I enjoy spicey.
Just not TOO spicey or TOO hot.
All relative of course......I have a mate who, if out for a curry, will only ever have Phal and asks for it extra hot. It is not bravado, that's what he enjoys.

Top Bottom