Pissed off with jacket !!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugbyluke

Is anyone else really hacked off, it's the middle of June and I'm still wearing a Jacket riding to work because it's abit chilli in the mornings, or wet

gbb

Legendary Member
Funny thing is, i just sat having a coffee at work (yes its Sunday :angry: ) and watched a cyclist go by with just a t shirt on. I'm jealous, its cool here today and i'm still wearing a very light jacket when commuting.
Its a personal thing, the hatred of the cold i think. I'm the last still wearing a jacket in spring, the first one wearing when autumn comes.
Sometimes i wonder if its all in the mind, i can't even stand putting my hands in water thats room temperature, let alone cold.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Is anyone else really hacked off, it's the middle of June and I'm still wearing a Jacket riding to work because it's abit chilli in the mornings, or wet

Nah. I dont mind it at all. TBH I'm in the south so I've got away with a base layer and jersey. Only 3 days so far this year have I ridden in just a short sleeved jersey, though.

The important thing is to ride though, imo. Prove to people its do-able in pretty much all weathers. :tongue: :smile:

rusky

CC Addict
My rule of thumb is shorts & a merino t-shirt down to about 10 degrees. If I feel nippy or there's a cold wind, I'll put a light jacket on.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I'm tending to go in long leggings in the morning (around 8C to 12C) with a long sleeved cycle jersey, and then cycle shorts and short sleeved jersey in the afternoon. If it's about 14C, I might wear the shorts with the long sleeved jersey.

When it gets above about 22C, I'd really like to without any clothes, but people seem to be a bit prissy about that for some reason. :wacko:

I'm tending to go in long leggings in the morning (around 8C to 12C) with a long sleeved cycle jersey, and then cycle shorts and short sleeved jersey in the afternoon. If it's about 14C, I might wear the shorts with the long sleeved jersey.

When it gets above about 22C, I'd really like to without any clothes, but people seem to be a bit prissy about that for some reason. :wacko:

Can't imagine why!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Can't imagine why!

Jealously? :biggrin:

hambones

I find I heat up quite quickly on the morning commute (I think having a rucksack helps), so I have been in just a short-sleeved top since about the beginning of April.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I find I heat up quite quickly on the morning commute (I think having a rucksack helps), so I have been in just a short-sleeved top since about the beginning of April.

Same here. Possibly a bit earlier. If it's dry, I count 8-9C as just warm enough for S/S top and shorts with fingerless gloves. Anything less than that and I get cold fingers and although not freezing don't really warm up on my commute. If it's raining jacket comes out until around 13C, any higher and the sweating negates the use of a jacket.

Cosmicned

Yes- its bloody frustrating- after a year of commuting 10 miles a day, I really want to go for much longer rides at the weekends on my new roadie - but the relentless torrential rain & wind have scuppered many an enthusiastic intention... Grrrr... Gnash... Feck....etc....

I'll swap you some of that cool weather for the heat we're getting over here (Texas). It's already 84f at 8am, 95f by noon and it may nudge over 100f this afternoon. I love the early spring weather we get here, reminds my of those few Cornish summer days, but the summer just gets nasty.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What!!
I have been is shorts +ss jersey for weeks, i only use the windproof on a couple of occasions when the chill is in the air at 5 or 6 am depending whether i am going in or coming home from work on shifts , and normally it comes off after a couple of miles .
I do admit to wearing full finger gloves at that time of day but i do suffer from
Raynaud's phenomenon, means i get cold hands and feet very easily.

Top Bottom