Places you'd like to visit on your bike this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Llangollen
That used to be my favourite destination, descending via the Horseshoe and into the village. Sometimes from the other side and climbing out via worlds end or the horseshoe. Was just a bit short of a 100 mile trip from Merseyside.

simongt

Guru
No 'exciting' places, but I already have a list of locations I plan on going to on day rides around Norfolk when I hit 70 in May and have the time to enjoy them. Several are old WW2 airfields which I used to cycle to with some pals in the 60s simply to see what, if anything is left sixty years later. There's a certain something about looking out over fields with maybe an odd structure left here and there and think that once there was the equivalent of a very busy small town there with a 'population' of about 2500 souls. :whistle:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
No 'exciting' places, but I already have a list of locations I plan on going to on day rides around Norfolk when I hit 70 in May and have the time to enjoy them. Several are old WW2 airfields which I used to cycle to with some pals in the 60s simply to see what, if anything is left sixty years later. There's a certain something about looking out over fields with maybe an odd structure left here and there and think that once there was the equivalent of a very busy small town there with a 'population' of about 2500 souls. :whistle:

Which airfields in particular do you have in mind ? I have no huge interest as-such. But am ‘local’ - and my bosses are huge WW2 military fans. So are very interested in the local bases: and therefore they are always in conversation around me at work….:whistle:

simongt

Guru
Where do I start - ? ! :laugh:
Hethel was the very first one I went to in 1966 and began my interest. Attlebridge, Oulton, Deopham Green, Ludham, Langham, Hardwick, Seething, Foulsham, Flixton, Matlask.
Okay for starters - ? ! ^_^
My particular interest has always been in the 'bricks and mortar' side of airfields, :okay: not really the flying / operational side.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Where do I start - ? ! :laugh:
Hethel was the very first one I went to in 1966 and began my interest. Attlebridge, Oulton, Deopham Green, Ludham, Langham, Hardwick, Seething, Foulsham, Flixton, Matlask.
Okay for starters - ? ! ^_^
My particular interest has always been in the 'bricks and mortar' side of airfields, :okay: not really the flying / operational side.

Hethel is of course known for Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious ;)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Mostly, the usual suspects: Brighton (not exclusively overnight), Whitstable, Bognor, Shoreham, Kings Lynn, hopefully Morecambe, hopefully Barry. Fingers crossed, Paris. And possibly Yorkshire, to visit a lovely dog and her lovely humans.

Jameshow

Veteran
I fancy starting my tour if the coast day trips to start off and then tours later, so hull to Darlington then Darlington to alnmouth etc.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I’ve just sorted the travel for one of them - I’m doing a drive-ride loooong day out to the Ronde. I would‘ve liked to make it a longer adventure but my ride chum has some constraints. The riding isn‘t too strenuous so I’m going to load up with a big flip-off camera and a chunky 70-200mm F2.8 lens and try and get some solid snaps.

That used to be my favourite destination, descending via the Horseshoe and into the village. Sometimes from the other side and climbing out via worlds end or the horseshoe. Was just a bit short of a 100 mile trip from Merseyside.

@ColinJ @colly et all, the train from Bradford goes to Chester via HB would make a nice day out??
I'm got a 2 to 3 day stay planned, cycle the length og the canal East to West, stay over for a night or 2 and explore and then back again.

Hotel prices have crept up so its out for the time being.

Top Bottom