Planet X Buy and build your own bike day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ey Up and Now then.

Sorry for this being my first post , I thought I would comment on a few things .

The general idea of the PIBIRI promo is to have a bit of fun for both customers and our staff . There is a good bit of mis-information about us floating round the web and it occurred to me that a lot of customers have never actually been to see us . Hopefully these days will be fun for customers and staff , customers receive 10% discount off their bike plus there is no charge for the day and no charge for the food that we are buying from the finest food places in Rotherham and supporting our friends in the area , most notably the amazing Xiia in her Thai portocabin . A delivery charge is being added when customers order but that is a system issue and will be refunded on the day of build so there is no charge ..

To comment on grammar , I guess guilty as charged , I personally wrote that post pretty late in the evening . I have a dog , two kids , 60 staff , sales , purchasing , health safety and I normally write stuff very quickly then Brant corrects all my punctuation and grammar at which I am not the greatest for sure . If it causes offence to the grammatically gifted then I can only apologise for both my , my staff and our offence .

I believe we are now doing some great stuff at Planet X , yes for sure we are rough round the edges and our marketing is pretty much still run by myself and Brant , we have four guys in content / purchasing all doing their best

I know our bigger online competitors are super slick and smooth and corporate but that is not us for sure .

Anyway , please take the PIBIRI idea in good spirit it is intended .

Thanks for that , my email id dave@planet-x-bikes.com if anyone wants to email me directly

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ey Up and Now then.

Sorry for this being my first post , I thought I would comment on a few things .

The general idea of the PIBIRI promo is to have a bit of fun for both customers and our staff . There is a good bit of mis-information about us floating round the web and it occurred to me that a lot of customers have never actually been to see us . Hopefully these days will be fun for customers and staff , customers receive 10% discount off their bike plus there is no charge for the day and no charge for the food that we are buying from the finest food places in Rotherham and supporting our friends in the area , most notably the amazing Xiia in her Thai portocabin . A delivery charge is being added when customers order but that is a system issue and will be refunded on the day of build so there is no charge ..

To comment on grammar , I guess guilty as charged , I personally wrote that post pretty late in the evening . I have a dog , two kids , 60 staff , sales , purchasing , health safety and I normally write stuff very quickly then Brant corrects all my punctuation and grammar at which I am not the greatest for sure . If it causes offence to the grammatically gifted then I can only apologise for both my , my staff and our offence .

I believe we are now doing some great stuff at Planet X , yes for sure we are rough round the edges and our marketing is pretty much still run by myself and Brant , we have four guys in content / purchasing all doing their best

I know our bigger online competitors are super slick and smooth and corporate but that is not us for sure .

Thanks for that , my email id dave@planet-x-bikes.com if anyone wants to email me directly
Use any form of grammar you like, as long as you keep offering quality kit at great prices people like me will continue to buy from you.

I used to go to the Worsbrough shop, then sadly that was closed
There was some nice tackle in there, & some good bargains, for example I bought a pair of Vision Team 30 wheels for less than £150
Mindst you, I remember the shop when Allens Cycles owned it, & used it as the warehouse/sales-shop for the 'Cycle Promotions' one-day sales (if anyone remembers those?

Then there was the shop at Magna (the old steel-works), at the other side of Tinsley Viaduct from Sheffield
A local triathlete, I know, once admitted it was "like meeting Elvis", going in there, & having a bike-fit by one of the staff...… Wayne Randle

Read the Boggle Hole reports; https://www.planetx.co.uk/news/events

robgul

Legendary Member
Ey Up and Now then.

I've been trying to place an order for a slightly off-spec bike and go to Rotherham to build it - but have been a bit frustrated by the process - just emailed Dave who can hopefully sort it all out so I can achieve n+1 (yet again!)

Rob

robgul

Legendary Member
I have a sense that Dave's going to regret posting his email :laugh:

Absolutely not - I got a personal reply within the hour with an explanation, very helpful. A further couple messages either way last night and Dave or one of his team should be back to me with the full SP on Monday (while the credit card is still burning a hole in my pocket!)

Rob

alicat

Legendary Member
Welcome to the forum @planetx Dave. I love the sound of the 'build your own' day and have been trying to justify buying another bike.

And I like your spirit too and agree that correcting wonky grammar should be quite low down your list of priorities.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Absolutely not - I got a personal reply within the hour with an explanation, very helpful. A further couple messages either way last night and Dave or one of his team should be back to me with the full SP on Monday (while the credit card is still burning a hole in my pocket!)

Rob
It was a light-hearted comment - kind of a 'joke' thing, not a slight against your using his email I'm happy to confirm :smile:

robgul

Legendary Member
It was a light-hearted comment - kind of a 'joke' thing, not a slight against your using his email I'm happy to confirm :smile:

That didn't even cross my mind - I assumed it was tongue in cheek!

Rob

PS: I'm really excited about the possibility of the bike AND the pork pies at PlanetX

OP
OP
A

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I'm the OP, and the original text definitely said the delivery charge was to cover food. Glad that they have changed it and clarified that there is no charge and the food really is free. I still think the use of good English is preferable for most people but it's nice to see companies doing innovative things like this and I would imagine building your own bike would be quite a thrill for many people.

Actually FWIW the very original text that I wrote is shown below , confusion then occurred in the execution from our system when we couldn't accommodate free delivery and some bright spark tweaked what I had done . Not great but it was clear at the start and it is sorted now ,

But the below is pretty clear
Facebook July 17th 7.16 pm
The Ultimate Planet X Big Experience - Learn how to Build Your Own Bike

A Very Special "Day out" in Rotherham

What could possibly go wrong this time?

Starting next Wednesday and every Wednesday after that., Going live tomorrow.

Evolving our "pick your own" and "build your own" concepts of last week we are grouping everything together, chucking in some of Yorkshire's finest cuisine and to boot giving you the chance to save cash.

The "pick it, build it, ride it" package gives you the unique chance to build your own bike under the supervision and guidance of our trained mechanic Spencer.

Ever fancied building a bike but did not know a spanner from a banana? Well now is the moment of truth.

This opportunity is FREE plus you get 10% off of the bike you buy.
An action packed day awaits you in Rotherham.

08.00 Arrive
08.15 Bacon Butties plus health and safety intro.
(Bacon and Egg vegetarian option is available)

08.30 Meet your picker, you will be given your pick sheet plus a member of our pick team will accompany you round the isles of our warehouse showing you how we pick a bike.

09.30. Start building coached and guided by one of our Cytec qualified mechanics
11.00 15 minute refreshment break
Mug of tea and An award winning Percy Turner Pork pie (freshly baked that morning )

11.15 till 13.00
Carry on building, hopefully making progress

13.00 to 13.30
Complimentary Thai banquet from Zia's, with a Q/A “ask anything” 30 minute break.

Finish the builds and get them fully checked off and signed off.

When finished chance to rummage "round the mezzanine" and clear us out of any samples, prototypes, ex team stuff.

We are not going to charge anything for this, you just buy a 'Rotherham Experience bike" and get your 10% discount.

All bikes must be built and finished on site, if you are totally clueless don't worry we will be there to help.

Going live tomorrow, max per week probably 8 to start.

What could possibly go wrong?

Notes
- anyone coming must have a great attitude, smile and remember this is meant to be a fun experience for staff and customers.
- anyone wearing fancy dress will get a free helmet to boot.
- be flexible, relaxed and enjoy the day if you come.

c_oc=AQmLvEvLE5eGKF2EH2KlwqiTd3PW30neyc8MLdQusaOd7OtDbBK_IRFMuOCP0N5B3Xg&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.jpg

tom73

Guru
For uneducated It's worth it just for the chance to have a Percy Turner Pork pie.
They queue round the block at the shop for them every morning true food of the gods

robgul

Legendary Member
For uneducated It's worth it just for the chance to have a Percy Turner Pork pie.
They queue round the block at the shop for them every morning true food of the gods

I think the good folk of Pateley Bridge might put up a fight to defend the pork pies (Growlers as I think they're called?) from the butchers in the town!

Rob

Top Bottom