Planet X Buy and build your own bike day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
Because I have bought loads of bargains from PX and had excellent service from them, they understand cyclists as most of them are cyclists or ex cyclists. (terrible grammer, too many cyclists in one paragraph)
Happy for you. However how does that address the issues with their marketing which will no doubt put off many potential customers? They will not have the benefit of seeing your glowing reference but will just see a poorly worded campaign. Oh as for your final inference, this is a forum so your 'grammer cn be az piss pooure as u like' ...hope that clears it up for you.

Venod

Eh up
Happy for you. However how does that address the issues with their marketing which will no doubt put off many potential customers? They will not have the benefit of seeing your glowing reference but will just see a poorly worded campaign.

I am going to have to disagree with you on this, as I don't see a grammer issue putting cyclists off (or indeed anybody) grabbing a bargain, it may be different in the finance industry.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
It's not like it was an intentional nod to their yorkshre roots. It's just as bad as the idiots who these days use terms like "should of" instead of "should have". It's lazy marketing and if a company can't spend the time getting that right then how can you be confident they'll pay more attention to their products and ongoing customer care? Hey, but they're cheap right so standards can be set lower?
Why is this in any way relevant to the integrity of their products?

PS
Where is yorkshre [sic]?

It's easily done, isn't it? :smile:

bladesman73

Über Member
Off of is fairly common in Sheffield. Along with my pet hates, could of, would of and should of.
As I said I am from Sheffield so am aware of that. Doesnt make it right to uee such lazy english in a customer facing marketing drive.

bladesman73

Über Member
Why is this in any way relevant to the integrity of their products?

PS
Where is yorkshre [sic]?

It's easily done, isn't it? :smile:
Easily done on a forum where I dont give a toss about grammar. However not easily done on something that is supposed to attract custom and is fundamentally the face of the company. Did someone say proof reading?!

Reactions: C R

tom73

Guru
Better check the grammar next time I give the London Road a fettle.

Jody

Stubborn git
As I said I am from Sheffield so am aware of that. Doesnt make it right to uee such lazy english in a customer facing marketing drive.

If it said "Get thi sen a bargin" then fair enough. Putting "off of" isn't that much of a deal and wouldn't stop me from spending money with them.

OP
OP
A

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I'm the original poster. I was expecting a few comments on whether this was a good deal or not lol. The website wouldn't put me off if I thought a bike was a good deal, but I don't think they do themselves any favours as people often see the presentation of the web site as a reflection of a company's professionalism and attention to detail. It reads like it's been written by someone in the office and stuck on the site without being checked over.

The thing that bugs me more is the use of the term 'free' and 'complimentary' for the food when they are actually charging £20 for it (and they later actually say the 'delivery' charge, for a bike you are taking with you, is to cover the food). Just charge 20 quid for the food and stop trying to pass it off as free when it isn't. I'm also from Yorkshire, so these things are very important to me. Don't tell me I'm getting summat for nowt, when I'm not.

Anyway, pedantry aside, is a day out and 10% off a Planet X bike good value?

Top Bottom