Planet X Buy and build your own bike day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Not heard of this before but saw it on a deals site and thought it might be of interest to someone on here.

"The "pick it, build it, ride it" package gives you the unique chance to build your own bike under the supervision and guidance of our trained mechanic Spencer.
This opportunity is FREE plus you get 10% off of the bike you buy".

Possibly a bit cheeky to call it 'free' as they say you will be charged a delivery fee (to cover food) even though you are picking up the bike.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/news/planet-x-news/q/date/2019/07/18/pick-it-build-it-ride-it

Edit: I don't know who writes their website copy but the punctuation is a bit iffy, and '10% off of the price' is terrible English. I hope the bikes are better put together than their sentences.

Last edited:

bladesman73

Über Member
If someone can't be bothered to proof read their marketing spiel then I wouldn't touch their product with a barge pole.

robgul

Legendary Member
If someone can't be bothered to proof read their marketing spiel then I wouldn't touch their product with a barge pole.

That's a bit harsh .... the frustration I find with Planet X is that it's almost impossible to speak to a human on the phone or to email a detailed enquiry .... unless someone can tell me how? They do have one of these annoying "online chat" things but that doesn't appear to have the answers to a lot of questions available to the "agent"

Rob

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's a bit harsh .... the frustration I find with Planet X is that it's almost impossible to speak to a human on the phone or to email a detailed enquiry .... unless someone can tell me how? They do have one of these annoying "online chat" things but that doesn't appear to have the answers to a lot of questions available to the "agent"

Rob
Maybe if you visited this is what you would find:

6096.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Then you are missing out on some genuine good bargains.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I think it's an excellent initiative and I couldn't care less that it's written Yorkshire-style as opposed to purple prose. Looks fun, and I expect the 10% off is a reference to all the bits you forget to put on :smile:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I really wonder how people get through life. If its something you want at the right price. Then buy it. But not to buy something because there grammer is not to your liking.:wacko:

Last edited:

bladesman73

Über Member
Whilst not being written in perfect English, it’s written as someone from Sheffield would speak, so probably done intentionally,

As we would say up here, that’s cutting your nose off to spite your face.
I'm born and bred in Pitsmoor and have been head of marketing for a firm in the finance industry for many years. I know how us Sheffielders speak and how to market things to grab the public's interest. Piss poor grammar isn't one of them.

bladesman73

Über Member
It's not like it was an intentional nod to their yorkshre roots. It's just as bad as the idiots who these days use terms like "should of" instead of "should have". It's lazy marketing and if a company can't spend the time getting that right then how can you be confident they'll pay more attention to their products and ongoing customer care? Hey, but they're cheap right so standards can be set lower?

Top Bottom