Planet-X Latest £999 Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

bobbyp said:
I've got a pair of Planet X carbon wheels and they seem great so far. Only been used in anger a few times but they are certainly light and seem strong (and I'm not the lightest of riders)

Are you talking about the deep rims Bobby? I know for sure that the 50's do have a certain amount of flex in them, over, lets say a pair of Dura Ace deep sections. But for the price they are great wheels and very light to boot.

Doyler, If your looking for a decider, go with the PX as it's British based over the germans

MichaelM

Guru
I've been thinking about this, is the bike with D.A. shifters &mechs and FSA Gossamer crankset much/any improvement on Ultegra Shifters, mechs and chainset? Pretty much everything else is the same.

Or is it a ploy (a clever ploy) by those evil Planet X /On One inbred Lancastrians to get us to part with our cash? :wacko:

OP
OP
D

doyler78

Now this looks like a great build:

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/?p=3248

Apparently going to be a limited edition retailing at £1299 unbuilt (£1399 built).

Pics should be up on the site apparently sometime very soon so looking forward to seeing them though will not be buying myself. I've done my bike budget for the next year but then I'm pretty happy with my Planet X Ti Sportive ;)

Radius

SHREDDER
simonali said:
DA shifters are pretty hideous, too.

Think if I ever bought another road bike it'd have to have a Campy transmission, as Ergos are much better looking.

Am I the only person in the world who much prefers the look of Shimano shifters (bar SORA) to Campag?

Will1985

Über Member
Yes...in my world at least.

Are you talking 08 or 09 ergos? I'm not a fan of the new shape. If I had to choose one of the 09 brake/shifter hoods, I would take SRAM over Campag and Shimano.

Radius

SHREDDER
Don't mind SRAM too much, cos I like their secondary shifter tab thingies, but to me, Ergos look like monks with little hoods on and funny shaped heads... ;)

I am seriously looking at the SL Carbon SRAM offer that is 999 but I have to travel a fair way for a fitting !. Im not sure the Dura Ace is still available. Has anyone recently got one?, and does anyone no what the quality of the carbon is like?

Will1985

Über Member
Didn't know Planet X did fitting.....I thought it's just a warehouse and shed!

There are bound to be riders around with them and the geometry is pretty standard across the PX/On-One range. Any local fitter should do and then give PX the measurements for them to make the decision.

The adjustment is really in the stem - know this length and you're fine. Oh, and handlebar width too.

bonj2

Radius said:
Am I the only person in the world who much prefers the look of Shimano shifters (bar SORA) to Campag?

but all campag are like sora though aren't they? ;)

personally i like the look of sram, the shifters are like little flags, and the brake levers are all finished nicely.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So someone was worried about Planet-X wheels? An 'unknown quantity'? Are you kidding? They are only just about the best wheels you can get for the price and trusted by testers and racers all over the country...

Seriously, anyone looking for a new bike to race or do cyclosportives on, you will not find better value than this. It's an absurd price.

so how does the Planet X SL Carbon compare to the Ribble Carbon offering. The Ribble Nero Corsa 12k Carbon is coming in at a similar price.....any thoughts

Top Bottom