Planet-X Latest £999 Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

I've written a review on the old 2007 PX and that was with Ultegra Build. This bike just gets better and better.

Monkey Boy

That is awesome value!!!! I cant see any downside except the cost of replacing components when they wear out.

What are you waiting for???

walker

they have dropped the Dura Ace Brakes and added Tektro Brakes and also given it a compact. I think they are now trying to draw in a few more Sportive riders to the scene of PX. I'm actually glad I got mine with the Full ultrgra to be honest

OP
OP
D

doyler78

Monkey Boy said:
That is awesome value!!!! I cant see any downside except the cost of replacing components when they wear out.

What are you waiting for???

Great to see all the positive remarks, though to be fair to Focus they too have an extremely happy customer base, so it looks like the Planet X will be my new bike now. Which colour? Will have to find out from them before I buy though to make sure it comes ready to ride in the same way that Wiggle's bikes do.

Needed to save for it. Have mostly done all that so should be in a position in April to be able to buy at last. Would have been so much easier had my works cycle to work scheme been in place but unfortunately its not yet and I can't be bothered waiting any longer. Even better news now that they are Cyclescheme and Halfords cycle to work scheme partners so it opens these bikes up to a whole lot more people. I'm sure that's what they were thinking when they chose that price point as most schemes are limited to £1000.

walker

doyler78 said:
Great to see all the positive remarks, though to be fair to Focus they too have an extremely happy customer base, so it looks like the Planet X will be my new bike now. Which colour? Will have to find out from them before I buy though to make sure it comes ready to ride in the same way that Wiggle's bikes do.
Yes it does come fully built, all you need to do is swing the bars round, but thats the norm.

I've just popped into the LBS to work and they had the Trek Madone 5.2 and I can tell you that the PX is alot lighter that the trek for less than half the price

OP
OP
D

doyler78

walker said:
Yes it does come fully built, all you need to do is swing the bars round, but thats the norm.

I've just popped into the LBS to work and they had the Trek Madone 5.2 and I can tell you that the PX is alot lighter that the trek for less than half the price

Yeah looks like its a no brainer for my budget. Hopefully still in stock when I go to order ;) though Wiggle's 7 day test ride on the Focus could swing that decision back again.

To be honest I think I will be pretty happy whichever I go for though the Planet-X is the more appealing option at the min.

Let's face it if I can drag myself up Slieve Croob like I did today on a flat bar and actually enjoy it then I guess anything lighter is going to be just a pleasure to ride.

steve23

ive recently bought a planext x tt bike, its awesome.

not raced on it yet, but its unbeatable value, as too are the road bikes.

Mortiroloboy

If I was in the market for a new sub grand bike, personally I would want the groupset to be just that, I prefer all the spangly bits to be the same name, that said won't they spec it to your choice? better to go down one and get Ultegra all through, I'd have thought. What about Ribble they do a very nice Corsa Nero frame and you can spec that to your preferred groupo.

OP
OP
D

doyler78

MichaelM said:

This is what I am talking about:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/CustomerServices/BikeReturns.aspx?

However this offer is now over though you can link to it as I have done here. It finished at the end of last year however you can request at time of placing your order though best to drop them an email first just to check. This offer applied only to the Focus range and no other bikes were able to take advantage of it.

I see nothing in that says it must be unridden. I think what you are referring to is this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/CustomerServices/bike_assembly.aspx

See returns section at the bottom of that page.

These are not part of the same offer.

Top Bottom