Planet X.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Apart from the On One I still have this blast from the past permenantly on the turbo.

pawl

Legendary Member
It was a hard decision, Yorkshire frugality v spending the money in a Lancastrian shop👼
I remember going there, when they had the big showroom on Watery Lane (I think)

I used to go to the 'PX' shop, when it was at Worsborough, & purchased some good bargains there
Eg; a pair of very nice Vision Team 30 wheels for £140
I also remember going there (Worsborough) when it was the 'Cycle Promotions' storeroom/shop)
If any of you can recall those Sunday morning sales, all over the country, you're as old as me, or older......

I only visited the Rotherham (Magna) shop once, & was greeted like an old friend by one of the staff there..... one of the legends of English cycling
Wayne Randle!
A nice gy off the bike, but on it...................... he grows horns

I to remember those Cycle promotions sales.Some really good bargains That puts me in in the older bracket ++++++

Stompier

Just to add - I think 'sneering cyclists' are something of an internet myth. I've never actually encountered one, or seen, heard or read anything which has come directly from someone like that. You only ever hear it 'second hand' from someone else ;)

The Pro Carbon is a decent and proven frame. The sizing is not for everyone, though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just to add - I think 'sneering cyclists' are something of an internet myth. I've never actually encountered one, or seen, heard or read anything which has come directly from someone like that. You only ever hear it 'second hand' from someone else ;)

I agree. Though people seem to refer to road club cyclists rather then your average non club cyclists. But I maybe wrong as I'm not in a road club.

Nope, had it happen, pre-March 2017
It was just before I got my CGR (hence I know when, as that's when it arrived)
I was out towards Towton, the far side of Lotherton Hall, & heading home, when 2 guys rode up alongside on 'all the kit' Colnagos & Rapha lycra….)
Derisory looks (so it seemed) were given, & due to a gap in the traffic, I heard one say something about I was riding an 'identikit bike'/'cheap-shop' offering
Cue my overtaking, giving it some beans & dropping them, on the drag back to HookMoor
By the time I got to the 'new' M1 junction (47) at Garforth, they were nowhere to be seen.... granted yes, they could have turned off towards Micklefield, or Aberford:cursing:

Okay, I'll admit here, like many
The antics of some on bikes annoy me, as they do us all

The Pro Carbon is a decent and proven frame. The sizing is not for everyone, though.
I almost bought one of the early ones, in that bright pink
But.... at the time, my LBS offered me too good a deal on a Ridley & wife said "Buy It", so what else could I do:whistle:

That said, I'd still have one of the pink ones
If it's good enough for Wayne, or Spencer Smith

Picture pulled at random from 'net' (a very far forward saddle position though!)

Planet-X-Pro-Carbon-Pink-Road-Bike.jpg

On the 'pink' subject, I used to have a '50-50' frame (resprayed, 1990 Orbit America)

davidphilips

Veteran
Planet x bikes are great value for money. just make sure you buy both the right size and type of bike you want ie frame material, type of brakes, is there room for wide tyres and full mudguards if you want them. As for what others may or may not think thats up to them and there problem if there is one.

I bought the ribble r872 ,same here I do not bother what looks I get loads of bike snobs about where I live, I might be getting the Endurance sl next so Ribble ok for me too
:okay::okay:
I have;
'7005 Audax' (as they call it) - Tiagra 10
Gran Fondo (Ultegra 11, including wheels, with Ritchey WCS bars/stem/seatpin)
GCR (first generation, in the hi-viz yellow) - hydraulic discs/Tiagra 10

Plus 3 other bikes

Milzy

Guru

I agree. It’s more the other way around. If you have a Pinerello or other super bike but you have a fat belly and a lower end FTP people will rip the pee.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I agree. It’s more the other way around. If you have a Pinerello or other super bike but you have a fat belly and a lower end FTP people will rip the pee.
You spent more on your bike than I did on mine = You have all the gear and no idea.

You were on your more expensive bike and looked towards my bike = You gave my bike a dirty look, you big snob.

Last edited:
Top Bottom