Please don't wear helmets*!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
well helmets may be of not huge use on the road, but they saved my head today, getting the bikes out the shed, the three bikes ganged up on me and tripped me over, basically by all coming out the shed at the same time. fortunately the end of the handlebar of my road bike broke my fall by jamming into my chest whilst my mountain bike went for my knee and got it with a peddle whilst my wifes bike sneekyist of all gave me something to grab onto only to slide away giving zero support, my head (in helmet) spent its time crunching down the edge of the door jamb - which if I had been helmetless would have been very painfully, possibly bloody and full of splinters.

having finally got disentangled, got on my bike and went on my normal off road route, nice farmers had cut the hedges, loggers had logged out the really bad bit with the fire trees so it was lovely , almost like cycling along an open road but there was possibly less potholes.

right now of course I'm feeling a right tit - but thats because its quietly going purple. and unfortunately my blasted helmet saved me from a head injury (ablit probably superficial) to distract me.

Licramite

Über Member
How To Think Clearly (Pt 1)
People like to decide their opinion then back it up with their experiences, and be dismissive of anything that counters said opinion.

The only way to counter this is to start with an open mind on the subject and apply scientific method and logic to construct an evidence-based worldview.

Where evidence is not available, one should recognise that it is merely an unfounded opinion.

Consequently, when your unfounded opinion is contradicted by an evidence-based one, it is rational to challenge your current opinion and see whether it should be changed.

If you like evidence, please provide conclusive proof we exist.

If your bikes are stored in such a way as they fall on your head when you open the door a helmet is the least of your worries. And FEWER potholes ffs.

Licramite

Über Member
If your bikes are stored in such a way as they fall on your head when you open the door a helmet is the least of your worries. And FEWER potholes ffs.
Oh no they are much cleverer than that - they went for my feet! the road bike put its back wheel exactly were I was going to put my foot, it just let forward momentum do the rest. and lins bike offered something to grad, and then just rolled away.
There much more devious than I am.

It was Douglas Adams who proved we don't exist

“It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.”

Sorted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom