Please don't wear helmets*!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Sorry, where did I defend him saying that in the past?
We've spoke about it many times, don't worry if you now forget. You've defended him here because you know him, you justified it by guessing i must have done something to make him say it to me, absolute double standards

If he hit me would it be my fault?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
For having a different opinion?
Those who share opinions can say the same but not be trolls
It's not the having a different opinion, that's fine and more than welcome, it's the approach, which for me was beautifully demonstrated by the Cunobelin thread and his approach on that.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I do know Adrian, and he's one of the most patient and unflappable people I know, so if he was exasperated enough to say that to you I wouldn't mind betting he had good reason.
To the best of my recollection what Adrian said was along the lines of "you can fark off with the helmet compulsion" not simply "you can fark off". If my memory is correct and if this is indeed the occasion referred to, I think it's more than slightly disingenuous not to quote the whole sentence

david k

Hi
It's not the having a different opinion, that's fine and more than welcome, it's the approach, which for me was beautifully demonstrated by the Cunobelin thread and his approach on that.
Blocked Cunobelin a long time ago due to his positing stlyle, I find his approach smug and condescending , doogs is certainly not worse by any stretch , so I say there must be another reason

david k

Hi
To the best of my recollection what Adrian said was along the lines of "you can fark off with the helmet compulsion" not simply "you can fark off". If my memory is correct and if this is indeed the occasion referred to, I think it's more than slightly disingenuous not to quote the whole sentence
Semantics at best, helmet compulsion wasn't even being discussed, just an attempt to dress up telling me to F off

Now why would posters find no issue with that but think doog is abusive? Double standards

theclaud

Openly Marxist
We've spoke about it many times, don't worry if you now forget. You've defended him here because you know him, you justified it by guessing i must have done something to make him say it to me, absolute double standards

If he hit me would it be my fault?
Oh, give over. You need to learn the difference between being the person that offers an unwarranted insult, and the perfectly reasonable response to that person of telling them to eff off. It's not OK to shout abuse at a cyclist as you drive past her - it is OK for the cyclist to give the finger to the said abuser in response. This, in case it's lost on you, is an analogy in which the aggressive driver represents the helmet evangelist, and the cyclist the unwilling target of his evangelism.

david k

Hi
All I have to go on about you is how you post on here, and I have to say so far I'm not changing my previous view.

So you support me being to F off as it must have been my fault

Would you use the same excuse for physical abuse? You must have done something to deserve it? I know many females who would take issue with this rationale

Dan B

Disengaged member
Semantics at best, helmet compulsion wasn't even being discussed, just an attempt to dress up telling me to F off
As I say, that's not how I remember it. Perhaps you know where to find the post in question?

david k

Hi
As I say, that's not how I remember it. Perhaps you know where to find the post in question?
Not off hand no, still doesn't justify the double standards where that approach however it's twisted is defended but doog is addressed for being abusive! Double standards

david k

Hi
Since it wasn't any of us who banned doog from anywhere, perhaps you could take up your grievance with @Shaun?
You were defending the decision so i was asking why posters defend some yet criticise others for the same things?

You defend Adrian because he must have been pushed into it, double standards, would you defend him if he was physically abusive, don't need the mods for you to answer that

david k

Hi
Ah, found it.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/pro-compulsion.82617/post-1486289

I think most observers will recognize it as a dismissal of an opinion and not of the person holding it

Also, four years ago? That's a serious grudge you're hosting there

Thanks, well done in finding it, four years! Wow time flys, well done that man

Anyway, if you tell someone to F off and don't apologise why should you let them Lord over others over abuse? Wasn't a reply to a post about compulsion, just a way of telling me to F off while trying to hide it, it's all the same however you dress it up
So why defend Adrian for this but not others?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Blocked Cunobelin a long time ago due to his positing stlyle, I find his approach smug and condescending , doogs is certainly not worse by any stretch , so I say there must be another reason
Have you read the thread I'm referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom