Please don't wear helmets*!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Ah, found it.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/pro-compulsion.82617/post-1486289

I think most observers will recognize it as a dismissal of an opinion and not of the person holding it

Also, four years ago? That's a serious grudge you're hosting there
That's some impressive furious forum searching right there :okay:

david k

Hi

Thanks, in fairness Cunobelin has pushed people on wearing helmets whilst walking if you wear one while riding for many years, it is incredible to think he wears one whilst cycling, how can his previous arguments ever stand up now?
I guess he has his supporters but I think he is the biggest passive agressive on this board so I have no sympathy, I blocked him a few years ago so don't have to see his condescending posts any longer, cycle chat has been much more enjoyable as a result

Lemond

In the last twelve months I have been hit by two flying stones and just last week a low branch snapped back a whacked me in the head. Thats why I'm happy to wear my helmet and will continue to do so.

david k

Hi
You were defending the decision so i was asking why posters defend some yet criticise others for the same things?

You defend Adrian because he must have been pushed into it, double standards, would you defend him if he was physically abusive, don't need the mods for you to answer that
You may have missed this @mytinynewt

Is it reasonable to defend a abuse because the person must have asked for it as you don't know them so they must have?

Thanks, in fairness Cunobelin has pushed people on wearing helmets whilst walking if you wear one while riding for many years, it is incredible to think he wears one whilst cycling, how can his previous arguments ever stand up now?

Because challenging erroneous and misleading information is part of informing choice.... and informed choice is the important part of the debate

For instance if someone were to claim that helmets were "wide enough" to prevent facial injuries, then pointing out the error in this claim is important as it is untrue.

If someone bought a helmet after reading this claim then they would have been failed by the forum when the real evidence is that it would not offer that protection.

Each person has the choice to decide on valid evidence when to wear a helmet and when not to ... it is unfortunate that some do not recognise that.

... and I have yet to work out how advocating extending helmet use is "anti helmet"

david k

Hi
The lack of response can only mean one thing

You support double standards if you know the person and you support abuse as the receiver must have asked for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom