Please help with some research

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think it is a sort of jumper with a large and so say recognisable pattern on it, or it might be used for golf, so no, Swee'pea, I do not think you can eat it.

The descriptions some people gave of the edible Pringle leads me to question the edibility of the crispoids. :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for your help with this light-hearted research. On the subject of crisps I think I will stick with Tyrrells, mature cheddar and chives. :biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Those bloody crisps that spoil your appetite when you eat too many with a G and T before a good meal. OK, I admit to a Pringles sweater decades ago, but it did look a bit girly. It cost a fortune and went through at the elbows within a couple of months...crap knitwear.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Pringle sweaters, were they not the ones with large diamond like shapes on the front a v neck and, as above, quite thin wool!
Popular with golfers and people who stood around at sporting events drinking G&T's !!

jimboalee

This thread is not humourous at all.

Three years ago, I told my two sons I was buying a new bike.

"I'm buying a Dawes", says I.

Both of them, in unison, without rehearsal, replied...

"What are the scores, George Dawes?"

Cubist

Still wavin'
Tasty, but expensive crisps in a tennis ball container.

With a can of lighter fluid and a barbecue lighter you can make extremely effective canons out of the tubes.

jimboalee

Any respectable cyclist will know the shape of a Pringle as a Hyperbolic Paraboloid.

Without this knowledge, you are merely a Pedestrian On a Bike.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A pringle used to be a mild term of abuse, back in the day, as in "You pringle!"

Possibly a euphemism for pr*ck:ohmy:

Top Bottom