Please help with some research

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Speicher said:
Colly, would you like to decide the one (or first) thing it means to you please? :blush: This is not multiple choice. ;)

Crispy jumpers?

Ok ok ...........crisps......

or is it jumpers??

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
The bloke who invented the "tube" for the pringles was revered as a genius, before he designed that ...er, "tube" the brand was nothing and did not sell well at all.
I believe it's called marketing!!!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Crisps made by Proctor and Gamble. Also see Ariel, Bold, Daz, Fairy, Lenor, Crest, Duracell, Tampax, Max Factor, Old Spice, Iams and other tasty items.

And tried to argue that they weren't potato crisps in order to avoid VAT.

Cubist

Still wavin'
And if you drill a small hole into the tube about an inch up from the base, wrap a tennis ball in tissue paper so that it forms an effective seal, drip about half a teaspoonfull of lighter fluid (NOT butane!) into the tube, then insert the tennis ball about halfway down, then holding the thing at arm's length and pointing in a safe direction, you can light the fuel vapour through the fuse-hole and fire the tennis ball across the garden. Or if you take the base out of one tube and tape it to the end of another one to form an even longer tube, and use meths instead of lighter fluid you can fire various objects across French campsites and risk eviction:blush:B)

When I think 'Pringles' I think self-denial. Honest truth. A few years ago I decided I needed to lose a few (well a few tens of...) Kg. So I had to cut some 'junk' from my intake. The candidate for excision was - indeed - that tempting tube of those awful hyperboloid-shaped goodies. It was a struggle, but I managed it. And I've barely tasted one, ever since!

Excuse me. (*reaches for another handful of Bombay mix, and another choccie biscuit*)

rh100

[quote name='swee'pea99']'Sfunny, my kids swoon over Pringles, but I find them infinitely inferior to real crisps. People say they're 'like totally more-ish', but my feeling is quite the opposite - one or two are tasty enough, but pretty soon the homogenised paste becomes merely cloying and unappealing. Give me a bag of Walkers C&O anyday![/QUOTE]

Pringles - the Mcdonalds of the crisp world

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think I can safely say then :hyper::biggrin:, without fear of too much contradiction, that Pringles = crisps or snacky crispoid edibles, to most people. Only people who

a) live near a woollen mill
or
:hyper: live near one of the many Pringles' family residences
or
c) play golf and drink g & t

would immediately think of the jumpers rather than the crisps. :sad::biggrin:

Colly just wasn't sure and would like to eat a Pringles jumper. :biggrin:

When I was a lad, I remember our family engaging a firm of solicitors called (IIRC) Pringle, Noel & Co. That exposure to the name 'Pringle' pre-dated the crisps (which hadn't been invented yet) by some decades.

I can say with perfect truthfulness that I have never eaten a solicitor, despite temptation...

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I quite like Solicitors but find it very difficult to eat a whole one.

I once dealt with a firm of Solicitors whose name, and I kid you not was
"Wright Hassell". I will keep it brief and reserve judgement as to their true nature. :biggrin:

Also dealt with a Surveyor called "Doorkey and Bar".

Cubist

Still wavin'
Speicher said:
I quite like Solicitors but find it very difficult to eat a whole one.

I once dealt with a firm of Solicitors whose name, and I kid you not was
"Wright Hassell". I will keep it brief and reserve judgement as to their true nature. :rolleyes:

Also dealt with a Surveyor called "Doorkey and Bar".

I remember Wright Hassell, they were in ?Kenilworth? (might have been Leamington) in the late 70s....tell me if I'm right!

Top Bottom