Please return my inner tube!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I wouldn't say tight, just careful!

As careful as a gnat's arse

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I have lost count of the number of tubes that I have given away and the hours I have spent helping stranded cyclists. I normally carry two new tubes and one patched tube and it is the patched one I give away. I neither ask for payment nor accept it; all I say to the cyclist is "If you see a fellow cyclist in trouble, stop and help them, accept no payment but tell them what I have just told you." One day, you may be stranded and help will come! Believe me, it does work
The word 'cyclist' here refers to anyone on a bike.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
What bugs me about these situations is the deceit.

I'd far rather the other guy said: "I am now going to promise to return the tube, but I won't do it."

Fine, have the ruddy thing anyway.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Cant believe your wanting an inner tube back ,,
I remember years ago I used to give three lads a lift home from work every night in the car, I never asked for petrol money, then one night we ran out of petrol (the petrol gauge did not work) and I had no money, so reluctantly one of them gave me £2 so I walked a mile to the get petrol.
The next day as soon as I walked in he was there asking for the £2 he lent me !!!!!!! so much as to say they all had to walk home from that day on , ,, some people are in the words of Jim Royle "a right tight get"
iiiiiiiiiiiiii.png

Globalti

Legendary Member
The French, masters of the language of diplomacy, have a good expression to describe this kind of sitiation: "Savoir faire...." which means "knowing how things ought to be done".

It's one of the few examples I can think of where a foreign language is more succinct than English.

I think the same. What goes around comes around. I would lend one out in the hope that if it happened to me I would get one in return.

However I remember once I had three punctures on one ride, and just two tubes!

I never used to have spares and had to repair 3 punctures in a day. Have got a spare inner now though

Hip Priest

Veteran
If he arranged to call you, then he should've done.

However, I'd have just given him the tube and told him to pay it forward like Mr Hippo above.

Top Bottom