Plenty of Fish Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
That is sad.it has echoes of the recent posts about the old man and the Russian lady.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Oh, no.

I suppose there are people out there who are so desperate that they will take advantage of the vulnerable.... But I sincerely hope that karma catches up with them one day.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Oh, no.

I suppose there are people out there who are so desperate that they will take advantage of the vulnerable.... But I sincerely hope that karma catches up with them one day.

Yes, but there are some people so desperate for a relationship that they will do anything to have one. :sad: He has some women friends who have, for a long time, "looked out" for him, new woman has banned him not only from going out with them (they met for day pub meals) but even associating with them, he has acquiesced and they are mad as hell after all the effort they have made.

I suspect she got hold of his financial details to book the holiday flights & stuff, he wouldn't have been good at that. There is no telling him anything, he'll do anything to keep having this "girlfriend".

keithmac

Guru
That's a real shame, you read about it quite a lot but still sad when it's a friend.

So she's never physically met him but drained his credit card and bank account?.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
That's a real shame, you read about it quite a lot but still sad when it's a friend.

So she's never physically met him but drained his credit card and bank account?.

No, she works in the same building, as does everybody who has and does look out for him. How they got together I have no idea and cannot begin to imagine, she is 62 but looks 50, she has family and that's what the "holidays" were used for, visiting her offspring. He says she is divorced and maybe she is, she can't have sex because "she loves her body too much", I know, I know...... but that's what he told me.

keithmac

Guru
All you can do is do your best, and be there for the aftermath unfortunately.

You've tried your best so nothing to be ashamed of if he won't listen to reason.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
What age is he?

AndyRM

XOXO
If, as you say, he has learning difficulties then it may be worth having a quite word with Social Services (anonymously if you wish) as this could be a safeguarding matter.

We've a relative in a broadly similar situation, and when we went down this route they said they couldn't do anything which was hugely frustrating but at least it's a marker so if the situation gets worse (and it's going to), at least our concerns have already been raised which may be useful.

Top Bottom