Plenty of Fish Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
What's the fish connection?
Plenty of Fish appears to be an online dating site...

They are people NOT written profiles

Meet in a safe, neutral place and have a good evening out

If they hate each other then nothing is lost, but you never know

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Can understand the concern but I wouldn't overly worry about that sort of thing.
I met my partner through POF, I don't think she would describe herself as having a disability but she has mobility issues due to developmental joint problems and though she can generally get around ok, she can't walk for that long without ending up in pain. Is this a problem? A bit, she can't walk the dog that far so a lot of his exercise is reliant on me, she's never going to join me on a bike ride, some places I would save money and walk to she will drive or get a taxi.
She didn't mention it on her profile, or even raise it in our early dates. She also didn't mention that despite being a rugby fan (one of the things we bonded over) she supports Scotland because her dad is Scottish, or that she hates all seafood and doesn't like tea.

I honestly couldn't say if things would've been different had she mentioned those things in her profile, I'd like to think not but who knows. We're getting married in a couple of weeks so if disclosing stuff would've stopped me replying to her, I'm glad she didn't mention it :smile:

That would have been a deal breaker for me. :crazy: Best of luck to you both in the future. :cheers:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A female Turkish colleague of mine wasn't having much luck on dating sites because her fluency in English and her sometimes forthright written expressions frightened most men off in fact she frightened off several would be suitors at school because of her reliance upon logic and rationality rather than emotions and this got in the way of romance.

I took her and her online profile under my wing and conducted a few online courtships on her behalf with a 'softened' profile and less awkward communications before cutting her loose upon prospective dates.

A few false starts and jackpot! A five year courtship, she was now training to be a doctor in Romania and only spent the vacations in the UK, for her followed by marriage three years ago. They are still going strong.

I'm now confident that I can pick up any bloke from a dating site but I'm unsure about my potential success rate with women.

Back to the subject of the OP - there's a lot of happy 'dysfunctional' pairings out in the real world and friends/relatives can be over anxious by proxy. It's a first step for the chap and at best it could be bullseye, at worst, the first of a succession of meetings with other women. Fingers crossed for him.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I don't think you have to give a full life story before meeting, it's about getting to know each other rather than planning your ideal match I would have thought (married 20+ years). I didn't start going out with Mr Summerdays thinking he was the one I wanted to marry, I just fancied him at the time and enjoyed his friendship, in fact I ran the opposite direction at first when things looked like they were getting serious. (Wow just realised we had our first date 30 years ago:eek:).

She may not be ready to reveal everything about herself to him either.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Can you let us know how his date goes, please?

I'll be sure to Dec.

I thought it'd be good if he supplied his mobile number to her so they could speak if she wanted, their date is not till the 25th as he is working shifts. She responded by providing hers and he is calling her tomorrow. :smile:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
As a POF aside.............a middle aged acquaintance of mine collared me few weeks ago and said "Hey Mark, you live in ********* don't you? I've just met a new woman from there" He then went on to tell me what a looker she was and that she'd recently taken a gap two years to travel the world before returning to the UK to become personal fitness trainer.

He took out his phone and showed me picture of her, I recognised her straightaway, she is a good looker, she was when she was my girlfriend 30 years ago. I also know the 2 "gap years" were spent in jail. ^_^

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I'll be sure to Dec.

I thought it'd be good if he supplied his mobile number to her so they could speak if she wanted, their date is not till the 25th as he is working shifts. She responded by providing hers and he is calling her tomorrow. :smile:
Cheers. And hats off to you for being such a caring mate to your mate. I hope my little girl has such good friends when she grows up.

Top Bottom