Point to Point

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/pembroke-gt-yarmouth-record-attempt.294304/ is about the Pembroke to Great Yarmouth record set by Lee Williams recently.

Rather than drag that thread further off topic with discussions of why Pembroke to Great Yarmouth rather than St David's to Lowestoft, and other creative suggestions for for point-to-point rides I thought I'd start a new one.

We have LEJOG, naturally. (But why? Lizard Point is further south of LE; Easter Head is north of JoG, so why not LPEH?)
There's Dungeness to Durness which goes SE - to NW.
There are various C2Cs
There's Pembroke to Great Yarmouth (or St David's to Lowestoft)
And of course city-to-city like London-Paris

@Ming the Merciless suggested Ness to Ness - Lowestoft Ness to Loch Ness.
@Legs suggested Barmouth to Yarmouth which not only sounds great but could be a lovely tour and manageable in a reasonable time.

More suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Builth Wells to Tonbridge Wells

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have family near Hull, and friends in Cardiff and Coventry (which a convenient half way stop) so I've long pondered doing a suspension bridge ride from the Humber Bridge to the Severn Bridge. I'll probably never get around to doing it but I have spent many happy hours planning the route.

It doesn't have a snappy name though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have family near Hull, and friends in Cardiff and Coventry (which a convenient half way stop) so I've long pondered doing a suspension bridge ride from the Humber Bridge to the Severn Bridge. I'll probably never get around to doing it but I have spent many happy hours planning the route.

It doesn't have a snappy name though.
'Suspension of disbelief'? :whistle:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Barmouth to Yarmouth which not only sounds great

Which Yarmouth? one is Great the other no so....and involves a ferry

Edit to say I think you could start and end with a ferry ride, if you bribe the Barmouth ferry man to take a bike on it - maybe need a bromton for full H&S compliance? :okay:

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Often thought about doing Watford to Watford (Northamptonshire), I guess it would be a bit over 100k.

Get the train back from Long Buckby or turn around and make it a long one.

One day.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Often thought about doing Watford to Watford (Northamptonshire), I guess it would be a bit over 100k.

Get the train back from Long Buckby or turn around and make it a long one.

One day.

Call for me in Abbots as you set off, I'll do the last bit from Watford Junction at the end!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
For the Welsh riders here, Llanbadrig on the northern most tip of Anglesey, to Breaksea Point near Cardiff, the most southerly point on mainland Wales. 230 odd miles including some challenging Welsh hills and valleys.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Olveston to Alveston? 5 minutes with a tailwind, I reckon. Place to place records always used to be from post office to post office - is this still the case?
1696584322175.png

Attachments

• 1696583800304.png
    1696583800304.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Top Bottom