Point to Point

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
For the Football obsessed, St James Park to St James Park. Red & White stripes to Black and White stripes (or vice versa)

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Or Hollington to Hollington? This one's definitely possible inside half an hour, might give it a try some time...
1696583933305.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
There are also 2 River Esks in England and 2 North Esks , 2 South Esks and 2 Esks (one of which is a joining of 2 of the afore mentioned N&S Esks) in Scotland which would be combined into a mammoth Esk circular ride.

We have LEJOG, naturally. (But why? Lizard Point is further south of LE; Easter Head is north of JoG, so why not LPEH?)
Lizard Point is much nicer. If I ever plan anything, I'd rather use LP than LE.
(EDIT: Lands End is a marketing mystery. It's not the most southerly point, and it's not the most Westerly bit of the UK mainland!)

Where the heck is "Easter Head"?? Not listed here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_points_of_Scotland

... on which point, I can vouch for the Mull of Galloway lighthouse as a cool place to visit (most S point), and Durness is more scenic than J-of-G (although I'm only going on reports of the latter). Certainly the western road upto Durness is gorgeous, and there's a real feeling of going to somewhere extreme :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Where the heck is "Easter Head"?? Not listed here:
See below. Seems to be the most northerly bit of that stretch of coast. I just saw it on the map, it may have a better, more commonly used name (Dunnet Head?). I'm not familiar with the area, never been there and pretty unlikely ever to go there.
1696585365533.png

See below. Seems to be the most northerly bit of that stretch of coast. I just saw it on the map, it may have a better, more commonly used name (Dunnet Head?). I'm not familiar with the area, never been there and pretty unlikely ever to go there.
View attachment 708915

Thanks. I'd always thought it was "Dunnet Head", and google refused to find "Easter Head"! Anyway, think we're talking about the same bit of rock ...

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks. I'd always thought it was "Dunnet Head", and google refused to find "Easter Head"! Anyway, think we're talking about the same bit of rock ...
Seems to have two names. Maybe one is the name of the lighthouse, I dunno. The OS give more prominence to Dunnet, Seems to be just Google that prefers Easter.
1696585831799.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Seems to have two names. Maybe one is the name of the lighthouse, I dunno. The OS give more prominence to Dunnet, Seems to be just Google that prefers Easter.
View attachment 708917

Lands End is most Westerly in England although you can flip a coin between LE and LP as to which is most SouthWesterly.
JoG is more of a mystery as Duncansby Head is more NorthEasterly than it, but I guess JoG has the ferry port to Orkneys??

Maybe the road was only to JoG back in the olden days

Top Bottom