Pointless cycle paths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Passed this on today's early morning ride.

Just what use is this ? It's totally pointless IMG_2666.JPG

Drago

Legendary Member
It's for new riders who have yet to build up to longer rides.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Passed this on today's early morning ride.

Just what use is this ? It's totally pointless View attachment 418091
Maybe it's the extra 5 metres of "cycle path" that the local council needed to qualify for some sort of funding grant?
Like most of the cycling "facilities" I see, a total waste of time/money.
Get rid of the fecking things, and teach drivers how to share the roads with others. Oh, and enforce it too, that would be nice. With severe penalties if they don't drive the way they are supposed to.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Maybe it's the extra 5 metres of "cycle path" that the local council needed to qualify for some sort of funding grant?
Like most of the cycling "facilities" I see, a total waste of time/money.
Get rid of the fecking things, and teach drivers how to share the roads with others. Oh, and enforce it too, that would be nice. With severe penalties if they don't drive the way they are supposed to.

Good point @Brandane knowing the ones in my council who manage stuff it's most likely a funding fudge.

snorri

Legendary Member
It's a layby for slower cyclists to allow faster cyclists to proceed unimpeded.

A few around here in West Sussex, designed to get cyclists to cross the carrageway safetly, where cycle paths change to other side of carrage way, good for the newer or timid cyclist.However, more experiance cyclists very rarely use cyclepaths so wil not be of much concern to them. whilst it seems laughable to some and a waste of money, if it saves at least one newer or timid rider from being injured or killed, then it good for me.

Top Bottom