Police ask for help to catch driver targeting cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let's hope matters are progressing, with so many people coming forward and some media attention maybe the cops will feel some pressure to send out a strong statement.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That does not seem fair.
it's often the case... those who tend to 'cry troll' appear to be under the illusion that their own posts never go so low as to be considered 'trolling'... it's sad and funny at the same time. The poor deluded souls.

Big Nick

Oh really? what legal reasons would those be. Note that I have had several prosecutions where the videos where in the public domain, commented about on various news sites and the videos where used in court to aid in securing a prosecution. Not once was I asked by the police to remove my footage from the internet for any reason. And they were fully aware of the online video.
I believe it was you the said the below.

Once a suspect has been identified the police will pull any pictures and footage they posted up so as to not prejudice the trial.
They have strict rules in regards identification and showing of visual images once a suspect has been identified under PACE
Not sure I know what you're on about with the last comment/my quote though??

Last edited:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

Once a suspect has been identified the police will pull any pictures and footage they posted up so as to not prejudice the trial.
They have strict rules in regards identification and showing of visual images once a suspect has been identified under PACE
Not sure I know what you're on about with the last comment/my quote though??
That's funny, because I have several videos that show that isn't the case with the MET and the CPS in London. Several of these where high profile with lots of views before the trial.

As for my last comment. What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

Big Nick

They can't stop you plastering it all over the net but they'll pull anything they've put up owing to PACE Codes Of Practice re identification etc. Also they want magistrates and jurors who know nothing of the case outside of the courtroom ideally otherwise they risk a mis-trial

And I still haven't a clue what your last sentence means in relation to my quote you originally referred to

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
They can't stop you plastering it all over the net but they'll pull anything they've put up owing to PACE Codes Of Practice re identification etc. Also they want magistrates and jurors who know nothing of the case outside of the courtroom ideally otherwise they risk a mis-trial

And I still haven't a clue what your last sentence means in relation to my quote you originally referred to
Considering the police didn't upload the original video footage which you were referring to. Has it been taken down because of what you have previously said?
Who knows, all my posts are about is that what you said previously is not always the case, hence my last sentence as well.

Big Nick

You immediately seemed on the offensive Gaz for reasons best known to yourself with your 'oh really' and seem to have taken offence to what I said

My original comment re removal of video and photos was in reference to any the police have instigated into the media, perhaps I should of been clearer on that but it's done in the interests of justice

You'll always find the police pulling their articles once they have a suspect but they have very little control over what Joe Public does with the video if its them who have provided it. They would normally ask the 'owner' of it to take it down if they knew it had been posted up to try and ensure it and comments made around it are not up on the net for people involved in deciding guilt to be tainted with.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
You immediately seemed on the offensive Gaz for reasons best known to yourself with your 'oh really' and seem to have taken offence to what I said

My original comment re removal of video and photos was in reference to any the police have instigated into the media, perhaps I should of been clearer on that but it's done in the interests of justice

You'll always find the police pulling their articles once they have a suspect but they have very little control over what Joe Public does with the video if its them who have provided it. They would normally ask the 'owner' of it to take it down if they knew it had been posted up to try and ensure it and comments made around it are not up on the net for people involved in deciding guilt to be tainted with.
You didn't make that clear in your initial comment.

Top Bottom