Police case closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

My friend who had her ebike stolen in Wisbech has been told by the Police the case was closed on the 3th Feb because local CTV shows nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

classic33

Leg End Member
Nowt new, opened and closed in the same day is fairly standard.
View seems to be "it's only a bike", as in they're cheap enough replace. Some forces even do the same for cars.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a bike theft. Virtually impossible to trace a bike, and if it wasn't locked properly, then that's it.

Better off the police concentrate on more serious stuff - there are very few officers on the ground due to budget cuts...

Bikes, lock em properly or lose them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are not cheap another one costs £1000 a theft is a theft and the thief goes on to do more crime what do we pay taxes for ?

Limited resources. PS what sort of lock did she use ? It's just a bike/car, no one was injured. Not a big deal - yes it might be to the individual, and I'd be very upset - one of mine is unique, but that's what I pay insurance for, nor do I leave them without big locks.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Limited resources. PS what sort of lock did she use ? It's just a bike/car, no one was injured. Not a big deal - yes it might be to the individual, and I'd be very upset - one of mine is unique, but that's what I pay insurance for, nor do I leave them without big locks.
Used a cable lock not a big deal! is there law or not in this country and insurance you just have to pay more , they are sending a voucher for a new bike but tried to get her to take £300.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I sympathise with your friend, it's gutting to have a bike stolen.
But the Police have checked the CCTV and seemingly have no leads from that, you have to be realistic here and accept that's about as far as they can take this. They're not going to do door to door enquries with teams of detectives or appeal for witnesses on the local TV for a stolen bike, it's simply not a proportionate use of resources. What would you deem an appropriate response, out of interest?

Etern4l

Bike thefts are tough, although e-bikes could be more traceable. Either way, they have virtually no boots on the ground, and have little grip on more serious crimes such as burglaries and assaults. PC is an obstacle to properly targeted stop-and-searches. It's a disaster. We should all hammer our local councils and MPs about this.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I'm not convinced they even opened a case for mine. There were 2 bikes stolen on the same night around us. mine at c£1000, the other a £200 mountain bike. When I saw the crime stats the following month, it said 1 bike stolen (with a description of their mountain bike) and on the same night some tools! I at least got a crime number for the insurance but wondered, what was the point.

Etern4l

I'm not convinced they even opened a case for mine. There were 2 bikes stolen on the same night around us. mine at c£1000, the other a £200 mountain bike. When I saw the crime stats the following month, it said 1 bike stolen (with a description of their mountain bike) and on the same night some tools! I at least got a crime number for the insurance but wondered, what was the point.

Did they give you a crime ref number?

OP
OP
B

Biker man

But the Police have checked the CCTV and seemingly have no leads from that, you have to be realistic here and accept that's about as far as they can take this. They're not going to do door to door enquries with teams of detectives or appeal for witnesses on the local TV for a stolen bike, it's simply not a proportionate use of resources. What would you deem an appropriate response, out of interest?
Find it

OP
OP
B

Biker man

I couldn't agree more
Maybe you don't but them expensive locks are heavy to carry around for a woman it was left by bank but people in the south go around like zombies say hello to them and they will call the police.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

They could check car boot sales eBay ect they are paid to do a job of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom