Police Pull Cyclist Over/ Interesting Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mountain out of a molehill.....................:rolleyes:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The first thing to note is that as the cyclist enters the bus lane to his left is a large blue sign, this is a legal requirement for bus lanes which do not have 24 hour vehicle restrictions placed upon them (the sign states the times of the restrictions) as such the police could be well within the law, but without being aware of the time, date and road it is impossible to comment.
Secondly it is not actually a road traffic offence to enter a bus lane within 20 meters of the junction where the bus lane and road join if you are turning left at the next junction and this has not been established.
Thirdly the cyclist is hypocritical quoting road traffic rules as he rides though a green traffic light with a pedestrian on the curb without the slightest hesitation. A green light does not mean keep going, the highway code states it means.. "you may go on, if the way is clear. Take care if you are turning left or right and give way to pedestrians who are crossing".. So like all of us, he is not perfect or in a position to preach.
Fourthly he was an idiot to look for trouble and act surprised when he found it. Imho

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
well if he couldent see that coming he a fool, (cyclist) the police? not fit for purpose. sitting in a bus lane, doing nothing about the others sitting in it, and want petty revenge when its pointed out,well done lads, we do expect more of our police officers.but a human reaction none the less

Mr Haematocrit

I'm curious regarding why the last bit was tosh?
He created a situation by provoking another human being, the fact they are police makes no difference as his action was likely to create a response. The fact he acted like the response was not justified amused me greatly.
I personally doubt the police would have even noticed him going past if he had not touched their vehicle.... If a motorist acted like that to a cyclist, and when confronted about the behaviour started swearing and acting in an aggressive manner it would be considered to be road rage.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I'm curious regarding why the last bit was tosh?
He created a situation by provoking another human being, the fact they are police makes no difference as his action was likely to create a response. The fact he acted like the response was not justified amused me greatly.
I personally doubt the police would have even noticed him going past if he had not touched their vehicle.... If a motorist acted like that to a cyclist, and when confronted about the behaviour started swearing and acting in an aggressive manner it would be considered to be road rage.
No all but the last bit lol. I double checked what i wrote and it does make sense.
Maybe *but < apart* reads better.

Mr Haematocrit

You are going to have to be clearer and state what you disagree with, if you would like me to justify my comments because right now I do not understand.
  • Point one talks about the sign which shows the bus lane is not restricted 247
  • Point two shows where the police car was it was not actually against the law when he tapped on the window
  • Point three shows he was not perfect in complying with the highway code as such he is being hypocritical as he is holding others to standards he does not meet
  • Point four was my views on his actions

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The cyclist was a bit rude in this situation. There was nothing wrong knocking on the window or pointing out that they were in a bus lane, however getting into a shouting match and swearing wont earn you any brownie points.
I dont know why the officer wanted the cyclists details and there is no such law as "careless cycling".

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
The cyclist was a bit rude in this situation. There was nothing wrong knocking on the window or pointing out that they were in a bus lane, however getting into a shouting match and swearing wont earn you any brownie points.
I dont know why the officer wanted the cyclists details and there is no such law as "careless cycling".
He only knocked the window of the police car. He set out to be a complete tit and achieved that + some for good measure.

Top Bottom