Police Pull Cyclist Over/ Interesting Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Just for balance, he tells us that the bus lane was operative at the time, the time being just after 8 am and the bus lane restrictions in place until 0930.

I have no opinion to add regarding the exchange that follows.

G3CWI

Veteran
An interesting watch.

Great way to reinforce the stereotype that in the view of many people, cyclists are nobbers. That's really helped us all. Ta matey.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Just out of interest, if you havent done anything illegal are you obliged to give your details or prove your identity to a police officer?

snorri

Legendary Member
Just out of interest, if you havent done anything illegal are you obliged to give your details or prove your identity to a police officer?
The courts will decide in due course if you have done something illegal or not.
In this case there was a contact between a moving vehicle and a stationary vehicle, so there were reasonable grounds for suspicion of an illegal act. (IMV:smile:)

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Like a lot of people say to ones with cameras who upload non events or things they perceive as such. Why couldn't the police not just take the criticism/ take it on the chin , move on yada yada. Rather than make up some BS to stop the cyclists and escalate the situation due to them being in the wrong in the first place. From the seems of things the police officers were wrong to be in the bus lane. Also they were not enforcing it. In other words not doing their job. Maybe Im alone in thinking this but the original reason why this started was due to the police officers breaking laws they are placed there to enforce. Im going vs the flow here so no head biting off actions.

PS. I think the cyclist handled it incorrectly. I wouldn't have touched the car/ window. Just looked in to get their faces or so them report them. Then getting flustered at being pulled over didnt make a nice sight

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Like a lot of people say to ones with cameras who upload non events or things they perceive as such. Why couldn't the police not just take the criticism/ take it on the chin rather than make up, move on yada yada. Rather than make up some BS to stop the cyclists and escalate the situation due to them being in the wrong in the first place. From the seems of things the police officers were wrong to be in the bus lane. Also they were not enforcing it. In other words not doing their job. Maybe Im alone in thinking this but the original reason why this started was due to the police officers breaking laws they are placed there to enforce. Im going vs the flow here to so head biting off actions.
Hold on, we can't say they aren't doing their job, we don't know what kind of police they are and as such don't know what their job is.
To me, they don't look like traffic cops, and as such their primary job isn't to deal with traffic offences.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Hold on, we can't say they aren't doing their job, we don't know what kind of police they are and as such don't know what their job is.
To me, they don't look like traffic cops, and as such their primary job isn't to deal with traffic offences.
Granted- To much to the maybe. Although would they not have the power/equipment to do so. Traffic police or not. They didn't look like they were on call/another job but then again it is a maybe. This is why reporting would have been better than confronting them as the higher ranking officer would have all the info.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Like a lot of people say to ones with cameras who upload non events or things they perceive as such. Why couldn't the police not just take the criticism/ take it on the chin , move on yada yada. Rather than make up some BS to stop the cyclists and escalate the situation due to them being in the wrong in the first place. From the seems of things the police officers were wrong to be in the bus lane. Also they were not enforcing it. In other words not doing their job. Maybe Im alone in thinking this but the original reason why this started was due to the police officers breaking laws they are placed there to enforce. Im going vs the flow here so no head biting off actions.

PS. I think the cyclist handled it incorrectly. I wouldn't have touched the car/ window. Just looked in to get their faces or so them report them. Then getting flustered at being pulled over didnt make a nice sight

I think you should have more respect for the police. Without them, the country wouldn't be a beautiful, crime-free utopia. It'd be chaos. They do a difficult job with one hand tied behind their back and they shouldn't have to put up with self-righteous herberts giving them grief over nowt.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I think you should have more respect for the police. Without them, the country wouldn't be a beautiful, crime-free utopia. It'd be chaos. They do a difficult job with one hand tied behind their back and they shouldn't have to put up with self-righteous herberts giving them grief over nowt.
My view is too idealistic is what you're looking for. Logic being if you can flout the little things at what point does it become acceptable to flout larger/major laws. In this case it is a minor thing but as you can see it has a knock on effect and that was all the other cars flouted the bus lanes timings as well. 1.. 2... 3
Also you are incredible wrong on the respect aspect. I have great respect for the police but there is nothing wrong with criticising them when they get it wrong. Also maybe you should stay on the task in hand. I didnt say without the police it would be Disney perfect but that does not mean they cant be criticised. Im sure you have done it all the time.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Granted- To much to the maybe. Although would they not have the power/equipment to do so. Traffic police or not. They didn't look like they were on call/another job but then again it is a maybe. This is why reporting would have been better than confronting them as the higher ranking officer would have all the info.
Well considering that it's actually the councils that generally hand out fines regarding bus lanes, I really wouldn't expect them to waste their time. Yes the police can still do it but they generally don't.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Well considering that it's actually the councils that generally hand out fines regarding bus lanes, I really wouldn't expect them to waste their time. Yes the police can still do it but they generally don't.
Ok. Maybe overstepped on knowledge of fine handing out but again I stand by the fact they flouted the timings and it promoted other to do it as well. They should set the example. Sorry if this is too idealistic

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
If I wanted to play to popular motorist groups views BS this would be their dream come true.

Top Bottom