Policeman pulls cyclist over with flashing blue lights and tells him give a bit more space

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
seen the full version of this yesterday, cyclist did nothing wrong, i think the cop was quite surprised that the cyclist stood his ground, lots of comments on the twitter saying the way the cyclist spoke to the cop was out of order, I saw nothing wrong with it TBH, he spoke like he was been spoken to, if cops are going to lecture people incorrectly then people shouldn't be surprised when they are corrected IMO

Jody

Stubborn git
Having watched the video and knowing the whole thing is being filmed I would have been inclined to keep going.

Jody

Stubborn git
Part of it was said in jest but the officer had gone past then put his lights on. You could easily claim not to have heard his request having shouted it through the side window and take the next left.

Gixxerman

Guru
Terriblle and ignorant policing. I had a quick look at the comments on the Daily Fail site. I tried to tell myself not to as I expected the usual anti-cyclist bile and road tax nonsense, and I wasn't dissapointed. However, I am angry and disillusioned. I blame myself for subjecting myself to it. I won't do it again. I am also in discussion with a anti-cyclist idiot / troll called sean sean on Evo Lucas's youtube channel. Again it is something that I wish I hadn't got myself involved in as it futile and annoying. But, alas now that I have started I feel I have to finish.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Terriblle and ignorant policing. I had a quick look at the comments on the Daily Fail site. I tried to tell myself not to as I expected the usual anti-cyclist bile and road tax nonsense, and I wasn't dissapointed. However, I am angry and disillusioned. I blame myself for subjecting myself to it. I won't do it again. I am also in discussion with a anti-cyclist idiot / troll called sean sean on Evo Lucas's youtube channel. Again it is something that I wish I hadn't got myself involved in as it futile and annoying. But, alas now that I have started I feel I have to finish.

you forgot to add the amount of trolls telling him he could of avoided the whole debacle if he had been wearing a hi-viz and a helmet.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Yes, I saw this on Twitter - I follow the guy on there, he has some interesting videos and enjoyable observations. The day before, I was cycling through Whitechapel when an Ambulance passed me and I thought the passenger shouted something. When I caught up with them, I took a look at the passenger, expecting nothing - I was half expecting that I had misheard or imagined it but sure enough, the paramedic asked me: "Do you know what that blue strip that we all paid for is for?", pointing at the cycle lane. I said, "We? What as in you and I? Yes, I know what its there for, why?" She told me that it was there to stop them having to scrape me off the road after I get mown down by a lorry.

Of course, I pointed out what the Highway Code says and asked her how much cycling she's done in London; she said "None". I told her I've been cycling in London for 23 years, so I knew a bit more about the risks of my being mown down than she did. I also told her that her lack of cycling knowledge was exceeded only by her lack of rudimentary HC knowledge and that she should be utterly ashamed of herself.

Very sad day for me when the caliber of emergency services people are revealed to be as per that particular individual. The next day I find that we have Met Police at the same level of ignorance.

Top Bottom