Policemen on bicycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What's happened to them? About ten years ago they were often to be seen riding two abreast on their, i think i'm right, Cannondale bikes. I haven't seen any coppers on bikes in this area for over a year.

DRHysted

Guru
Don't see police, but do see the occasional pcso in our area.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I saw some of the cycling paramedics at the Time Trials. I normally see policemen on their bikes - not on a daily basis but fairly regularly. (Most often was probably at pick up time at the school gates trying to stop the idiots stopping on the zig-zags and double yellows!) They are a friendly bunch that I occasionally chat to.

machew

Veteran
A few weeks ago, I saw two PSCO on their bikes riding two abreast on the pavement without helmets

(one of the above statements is made up)

BSRU

A Human Being
I see two bicycle cops riding around the town centre sometimes, unfortunately they do not seem very confident on the road.

Octet

Veteran
I normally see them at certain events such as fayres and farmers shows but never in general... rarely see any officers for that matter.

i saw one the other walking beside his bike. i don't see them often i must admit.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I occasionally see them in different places at different times of the day - the only pattern I've noticed is that it tends to be on the sunnier days but that's probably more to do with me than them. They're nearly always good for a smile or a nod in passing. There's something about a bobby on a bike that I find much more reassuring than a walking one.

A few weeks ago, I saw two PSCO on their bikes riding two abreast on the pavement without helmets

(one of the above statements is made up)

They'd have been wearing helmets!

Most of the 'on the job' cyclists at my nick are PCSO's now, and it bugs the hell out of me whenever I see them as they are nearly always cycling on the pavement!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
What's happened to them? About ten years ago they were often to be seen riding two abreast on their, i think i'm right, Cannondale bikes. I haven't seen any coppers on bikes in this area for over a year.
they're very much in evidence in our part of the world and we're fortunate to count a few as members of the club

Top Bottom