Poll - how often do you service your bike?

What's your full service frequency?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The commuter gets stripped, cleaned and re-greased every September. All the nuts and bolts cleaned, re-greased and re-installed one at a time. Takes about 2-3 hours.

Hubs serviced annually, bearings replaced every two years.

Drivetrain cleaned & lubed weekly.

Other bikes as and when needed

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
I'm ashamed to admit I don't know how to service my bike, I can degrease and oil the chain and thats about it. I do polish the frame with baby wipes if that counts ^_^
No shame there RaRa.
I went in an Edinburgh Cycles advanced one day course for £45
Best money I ever spent - saved me a fortune and unmeasurable time wasted twiddling n getting nowhere.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I think it depends on the circumstances of using your bike. If you are going down muddy trails, you might want to clean it weekly. But if you are on the road, monthly?

I would say monthly but as I am not the most mechanically minded, I have never taken a wheel, or hub apart. The most I have done is change a rear cassette and change about 50 innertubes (damn p*nctures).
I went to my local LBS to find out about my rear wheel (has a bit of play in it). The very helpful guy there suggested that I ensure the bolts are correctly tightened, and if there is a fault with the wheel, possibly get a new hub instead of a wheel.I am going to try this at the end of the week.

Camrider

A full service for me means a change of oil in the Rohlhoff hub, so its going to be around the time 5000km have been ridden which at the current rate will be 9 months between services, but minor fettling in between when required.

Can't answer the poll as its longer than 3 months but less than never ^_^

Top Bottom