Porridge - fuel for rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wot no internet access?
http://www.dsl.ac.uk
Sure - I knew there would be a better source, but I didn't know what it was. I see it supports many variant spellings including spirtle.

Dr Johnson defined oats as "a grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people"
Well, yes, you can't build a physiognomy like this on oatmeal.

Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds_2.0.jpg

Reactions: mjr

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
It is actually a spurtle but regardless of spelling is really only for selling to gullible tourists. Pretty useless as as an implement for anything else and a wooden spoon is the only thing to use.

Nice try.

Even the most ardent spirtle user is unlikely to claim it has a multitude of other uses, though one or two spring to mind ...

I’ve never eaten porridge before a ride. It’s got the slow release carbs, but I find it just feels like I’ve eaten a pillow, if I start a ride after eating it. I prefer something like a banana before the off, then eat one of these after the warm up part of the ride, and before the ‘meat’ of the ride ‘sandwich’.

99A8A702-177B-46F3-A0E0-6C2257E10C26.jpeg

snorri

Legendary Member
I’ve never eaten porridge before a ride. It’s got the slow release carbs, but I find it just feels like I’ve eaten a pillow, if I start a ride after eating it. I prefer something like a banana before the off, then eat one of these after the warm up part of the ride, and before the ‘meat’ of the ride ‘sandwich’.
I'm glad cycling isn't so complicated for me, if it was I'd drive everywhere:smile:.

Top Bottom