Porridge - fuel for rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I'll have you know that I'm officially a professional porridge-taster !

Well OK, I was paid a tenner once by the local food research company for sampling various combinations of porridge and golden syrup (they don't tell you in advance what you're going to be tasting in any given session).

I ran out of space in the comments section of the scorecard. :smile:
I like that reasoning.

I took the first snapshots of Princess Marie of Denmark after her wedding. A national paper paid me 80 pounds for each photo.

According to you. That makes me a royal photographer.

I am open for bookings.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Though the way this thread is going, I'm expecting a post any time now with a specious argument that a wooden spoon is just as good. :smile:
It is, but it needs to be the wrong end of the wooden spoon.

Tim Hall

It is, but it needs to be the wrong end of the wooden spoon.
Isn't the term "wrong end" unnecessarily restrictive and confusing? By defining a "wrong end" and getting the user to use it, surely by definition it becomes the "right end", use of which is not permitted. The user changes ends once more, now holding the spoon at the former right end, and so it goes on. Calling one end the "normal end" imposes our own view of normality on someone else's spoon, so that's out, obvs. Perhaps "different, yet equally valid end" is an acceptable construction.

Maenchi

StoneDog
two scoops of mornflake superfast oats in a pan on the gas cooker, then grind up hemp seeds, cashew nuts at least or/ and almonds, banana, dates, and a spoon of molasses sugar to finish, but really I need something else quite soon if going very far, I use the nutri~bullet quite a lot :pump:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Isn't the term "wrong end" unnecessarily restrictive and confusing? By defining a "wrong end" and getting the user to use it, surely by definition it becomes the "right end", use of which is not permitted. The user changes ends once more, now holding the spoon at the former right end, and so it goes on. Calling one end the "normal end" imposes our own view of normality on someone else's spoon, so that's out, obvs. Perhaps "different, yet equally valid end" is an acceptable construction.
It is only wrong in that it is not the end in which the spoonliness of the spoon is manifest, and that in the act of co-opting the spoon into the role of the spirtle, one negates its spoonliness, albeit temporarily.

It is only wrong in that it is not the end in which the spoonliness of the spoon is manifest, and that in the act of co-opting the spoon into the role of the spirtle, one negates its spoonliness, albeit temporarily.
It a SPURTLE.

Domus

Guru
My method, works for me and mine.

Jumbo oats ½ cup pp
½ cup of water pp, pinch of salt leave to soak overnight.
Next morning add ½ cup of milk pp, bring to boil whilst stirring, off the heat and leave for 5 mins on minimum heat, stir occasionally.

Serve with sliced banana and runny honey and a dash of cold milk.

It does help if you are retired and have time in the mornings.

PS - I add the milk whilst making Mrs Domus her morning coffee before returning to bed to drink same and listen to radio whilst reading papers on iPad.

Retirement really is great

PPS tried spurtle once, rubbish, can't scrape out the pan with one so reverted back to wooden spoon.

Top Bottom