Porridge - fuel for rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, because it's a well known fact that humans only consume pH neutral foods. @jefmcg , ridiculous comment. :wacko: Just because you are ignorant of the facts, doesn't make them less true.

A long term acidic diet has the end result of stripping the calcium from your bones. The science is out there if you'd like to contest it. In the mean time, I'll be using google earth to plan my circumnavigation of a flat earth, because look, the map is flat.

Last edited:
Yes, because it's a well known fact that humans only consume pH neutral foods. @jefmcg , ridiculous comment.

Acidic diets strip the calcium from your bones. The science is out there if you'd like to contest it.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4916623/

Conclusions
Despite the promotion of the alkaline diet and alkaline water by the media and salespeople, there is almost no actual research to either support or disprove these ideas. This systematic review of the literature revealed a lack of evidence for or against diet acid load and/or alkaline water for the initiation or treatment of cancer. Promotion of alkaline diet and alkaline water to the public for cancer prevention or treatment is not justified.

Yes, you've worked out how to quote text on the forum and paste from a cancer journal. Where does this paper quote anything at all to do with the metabolism of calcium in relation to an acidic diet?

I don't need to debate with you that certain foods are one way or another on the pH table. What you are suggesting is ludicrous and flies in the face of widely accepted fact. pH is taught in Year 7 chemistry. Your paper was totally irrelevant. It was about cancer prevention/treatment.

If you want to keep it on topic, porridge, especially with milk is quite Acidic. :laugh:

I don't need to debate with you that certain foods are one way or another on the pH table. What you are suggesting is ludicrous and flies in the face of widely accepted fact. pH is taught in Year 7 chemistry. Your paper was totally irrelevant. It was about cancer prevention/treatment.

If you want to keep it on topic, porridge, especially with milk is quite Acidic. :laugh:
If there is so much proof that an "acidic" diet leeches calcium, then provide some.

If there is so much proof that an "acidic" diet leeches calcium, then provide some.

Here is another example:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946957/

So your problem is the label 'acidic'? Why exactly does a high acid load diet not fit the label? You just don't like it?

GuyBoden

Guru
Don't forget, porridge is just a starter, while waiting for full breakfast. ^_^
C1F88yGW8AALhNr.jpg

@User3094, inside the published paper is the implication that high acidic load is detrimental to bone density, unless you have an appropriate diet. The distinction is subtle. But it's there.

vickster

Legendary Member
A subtle implication in one study doesn't sound terribly definitive or convincing
I'll continue to have around 100ml of skimmed milk in my breakfast porridge :okay: especially as there's also calcium in hard tap water

Last edited:
Top Bottom