Possible fence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Possibly report to Police???
or should it be trading standards??

anyone know?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Before you do anything. Maybe you should get in touch with him and ask some questions. My neighbour buys and sells bikes. But he is not a fence.

I’d report to eBay for two violations;
A) mobile number in listing
B) cash on collection but PayPal offered as a payment method which contradicts EBay rules.

He looks like a dealer/flipper rather than stolen bikes.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
As @bikingdad90 has put they look to be dealing in second-hand bikes, without much knowledge of them. I know someone who tried, couldn't shift most of them, and I bought his entire stock off him to re-sell / donate off.

The mobile number makes it reportable.

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
I wasn't actually interested in any of his bikes - aware it could be genuine, hence "possible"

I wouldn't report in case they are stolen and it stops people finding their bikes.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
B) cash on collection but PayPal offered as a payment method which contradicts EBay rules.

a , yeah a bit daft
b, i think ebay force you to put paypal as a method of payment as they own it even if you only want cash

Profpointy

Legendary Member
a , yeah a bit daft
b, i think ebay force you to put paypal as a method of payment as they own it even if you only want cash

As an occasional seller I wouldn't really want paypal for a collection of an expensive item as a dodgy buyer can simply deny they picked it up.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
As an occasional seller I wouldn't really want paypal for a collection of an expensive item as a dodgy buyer can simply deny they picked it up.
That is why eBay bought in a QR code for you to scan from the buyer. The buyer shows up and you scan their QR code to say that they have picked up the item and you are protected.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That is why eBay bought in a QR code for you to scan from the buyer. The buyer shows up and you scan their QR code to say that they have picked up the item and you are protected.

I never knew that. Admittedly I've posted everything recently

vickster

Legendary Member

Is it? I always ask for cash but you have no choice but to offer PayPal, it’s a default

Top Bottom