Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Alfie Barney2.jpg

First time I've seen this. Wouldn't say they hate each other, but it's not love either and the cat is the boss.

Alfie and Barney1.jpg

Mrs M

Guru
How much does he weigh now and how old?
Not weighed recently but last weigh in was heavier than usual, 9 months old ❤️

Meet Charlie, a semi-feral cat who I used to refer to as "peanut cat" because he was aggressive and hostile to everyone, though he has somewhat mellowed out with age, although he still frequently hisses if you surprise him or get too close to him.

He still spends most of his time outdoors but he's starting to get a bit old for fighting.

Impressed with my new phone camera, I took this from several feet away because you learn quickly not to put anything you want to keep near his pointy bits.

Edit: I most definitely did not refer to him as "peanut cat"

Meet Charlie, a semi-feral cat who I used to refer to as "peanut cat" because he was aggressive and hostile to everyone, though he has somewhat mellowed out with age, although he still frequently hisses if you surprise him or get too close to him.

He still spends most of his time outdoors but he's starting to get a bit old for fighting.

Impressed with my new phone camera, I took this from several feet away because you learn quickly not to put anything you want to keep near his pointy bits.

View attachment 603436

Ah, he's gorgeous :wub:

I've a soft spot for blue & whites, being owned by one myself. :blush: I won't ask you to give him a chin tickle from me, because I have no wish for you to be... perforated... But please flick some dreamies in his direction instead xxx

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.

View attachment 603436

Such a handsome old boy, Charlie is. Round head, prominent whiskers and superciliary whiskers (those above the eyes.) As I am a grey cat's housemate, of course I think Charlie is Devine. My other housemate kitty's name is Charlie, 17 years old, but he's not a grey. Here he is earlier today, where he fell completely asleep (note the “straight down” tail) while looking out the window.

DED5EFAE-CD92-42BF-A5DE-2030C1074184.jpeg
E86D0224-4206-4B5F-B492-71CD6C051B1C.jpeg

And Alpha kitty Benny, my 14 yr old grey buddy… on a previous day napping in the window patio that is 1 level lower on the cat ladder than Charlie was sleeping on today.

22E945AA-F79E-444C-BF36-32AF8B5A4EF1.jpeg

Here is where I learned a bit more about whiskers today… 🤔

Superciliary whiskers and more

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Benny is actually a blue tabby.

And the proper term for whiskers is vibrissae ;)

Madam Lexi is my blue bicolour. And I like to think she has a particularly fine set of vibrissae ^_^

View attachment 603617
@Reynard, thanks for the clarification on the whiskahs . If I was a cat, and not already married, I'd ask Lexi to marry me! 💜 Gorgeous kitty (and vibrissae.) I never heard of a “blue tabby” here in the States, but I like the sound of it. 🐱

Benny is actually a blue tabby.

And the proper term for whiskers is vibrissae ;)

Madam Lexi is my blue bicolour. And I like to think she has a particularly fine set of vibrissae ^_^

View attachment 603617
It's a bit of a shock to me these days to see well-turned out cats, I've perhaps become a bit too used to a certain dishevelled angry boi covered in scars and with chunks of his ears missing.

Top Bottom