Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
They're not brits @Threevok - and that's not silver either. Just a domestic shorthair black tabbies with very fine spotted (mum) and classic (kitten) markings. The colour is wrong for a silver anyway. The gene *is* present in moggies, although it's not very common.

Really? They sure look like silvers to me, especially the second picture, which is a spit of Lucky at the same age (which I can't find a pic of at the moment).

This was the last pic we took of Lucky, not long before he went.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ChrisKz

It's not the ginger moggy longhair boy - else any females would've been tortie-tabby.

The chances are it is her brother if he's either tabby or black. A lot of tabbies carry the gene for non-agouti (i.e. solid coat colour).

Please get your cats neutered. Us peeps involved with rescue are up to our eyeballs in kittens right now. And please make sure that the babies stay with mum for at least 13 weeks so that they are properly weaned, properly socialized and confident, well-rounded kittens.

Unless God have him another set of balls .. lol highly unlikey . Both males were neutered and my garden was ( escape proof) as I had another Maine coon and didn't want her stolen . Unfortunately "Mindy" actually escaped over the gate where there was a gap between the top and the wire stringer ( she is way smaller than a main coon ). By having the males neutered , I saw no point in having the female spayed at that time . Unfortunately it is very expensive now to have a femail done as it nearing the £200 mark amd the males are ( offhand as can't recall the exact amount around £90) . The is no help for disabled pet owners to help with this expense near me . I will hopefully get some donations from the kittens to get Mindy neutred . At least I don't get rid of animals ect because of the cost of living .

Last edited:
Really? They sure look like silvers to me, especially the second picture, which is a spit of Lucky at the same age (which I can't find a pic of at the moment).

This was the last pic we took of Lucky, not long before he went.

The difference between silver and non-silver is really quite distinct when you know what to look for. The advantages of being a cat show judge, I guess. :blush:

Makes me far more, erm, nerdy than your average cat person. :smile:

Unless God have him another set of balls .. lol highly unlikey . Both males were neutered and my garden was ( escape proof) as I had another Maine coon and didn't want her stolen . Unfortunately "Mindy" actually escaped over the gate where there was a gap between the top and the wire stringer ( she is way smaller than a main coon ). By having the males neutered , I saw no point in having the female spayed at that time . Unfortunately it is very expensive now to have a femail done as it nearing the £200 mark amd the males are ( offhand as can't recall the exact amount around £90) . The is no help for disabled pet owners to help with this expense near me . I will hopefully get some donations from the kittens to get Mindy neutred . At least I don't get rid of animals ect because of the cost of living .

I can maybe help you here... :smile:

Cats Protection have a "neuter your cat for a fiver" no-questions-asked scheme for folks on limited incomes - well at least I know our branch does. I suggest you go onto www.cats.org.uk and put your postcode into the search box. That should turn up your local branch and their contact details. Then get in touch with them and ask about the scheme. Hopefully they should be able to help you.

ChrisKz

My Poor" Easy" MaineCoon . Who I lost as she managed to knock my meds tray off the shelf and help herself to a capsule .. Middle pic is when I got her as a kitten . 3rd is how she was . The 1st is always with me .

Attachments

• Easy's casket.jpg
    Easy's casket.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 6
  • easy as kitten.jpg
    easy as kitten.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 6
  • easy.jpg
    easy.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
My Poor" Easy" MaineCoon . Who I lost as she managed to knock my meds tray off the shelf and help herself to a capsule .. Middle pic is when I got her as a kitten . 3rd is how she was . The 1st is always with me .

Ah bless, what a beautiful girl :wub: And with that perfect tortie splodge on her head, right where you want to kiss it. :blush: (Madam Poppy has one of those, too...)

I should mention, I do rather suffer from tortie-itis... :becool:

Top Bottom