Post Your Broadband Speed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Fast gives me.

Screenshot_2023-08-02_21-11-40.jpg

One thing I've done with most of my fixed devices is connect them via Ethernet, as they're all in one corner along with the router. Two desktops, the Freesat box, and the tv itself

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I agree, to an extent, re your 'caught up' comment.

But, the ultra-fast speeds may not be strictly necessary right now but they are a form of future proofing.

Technology and online services are changing so quickly plus who could have predicted the WFH surge? All putting more demands on home broadband capability.

BB speeds are now quoted on house sale details too.

I think you mentioned about "future proofing" earlier in the thread, which got me thinking, so when my renewal came up I investigated having full fibre and when I found out it was cheaper it was a no brainer. Win, win. Thanks for that! :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think you mentioned about "future proofing" earlier in the thread, which got me thinking, so when my renewal came up I investigated having full fibre and when I found out it was cheaper it was a no brainer. Win, win. Thanks for that! :okay:

im the same i basically got 5-6x speed of my old fast broadband for 50 p cheaper a month ;)

Fastpedaller

After having weeks with very little (or no) broadband, we finally got a visit from an Openreach guy. He was very helpful, thorough and honest..... at the end of about 5 hours trying to fix it. he checked all our wiring, and then disappeared down a hole in the village, then the green box the other side of the village. He returned and said "I can't find the fault", but i will. And he did whilst we were away the last few days. We came home, plugged in a new router he'd authorised for us, did a few key pushes and it now works. The guy was surprisingly good (I reckon he'll be sacked for being too good!)

Drago

Legendary Member
Now on fibre here at New Drago Towers, 148mbs.

Adam4868

Guru
Ok but the bullet and went to Virgin for WiFi Seems fast enough so far fingers crossed Quick question though in the back bedroom upstairs,furthest away from router not as good,can I buy a extender to plug in ? Saw some for 10/15 quid is it as simple as just plugging it in.
Wouldn't normally bother but it's my teenage daughters bedroom and interfering with her WiFi could be a fate worse than death !

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ok but the bullet and went to Virgin for WiFi Seems fast enough so far fingers crossed Quick question though in the back bedroom upstairs,furthest away from router not as good,can I buy a extender to plug in ? Saw some for 10/15 quid is it as simple as just plugging it in.
Wouldn't normally bother but it's my teenage daughters bedroom and interfering with her WiFi could be a fate worse than death !

We use one of these from TPI.

Simple to set up and very effective.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2801939

Top Bottom