Premium bonds v ISA?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
How long after the draw do we get an email saying we have won a small fortune?

Nothing so far. :sad:

You should get an email. No email, no win.
Or you can check your account on the app or online

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
You won't get an email telling you how much, the one saying you have something takes a few days, just register online and go to the prize checker, you just need your holder number
https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker
You should get an email. No email, no win.
Or you can check your account on the app or online

Thanks.

Bit disappointed - we thought that someone would waltz up the drive with a giant bouquet of flowers and one of those over-sized cheques you see on Children in Need etc. :laugh:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend a S&S Robo ISA where I can easily make monthly withdrawals ?

£20k to be invested mid April 2021.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Can anyone recommend a S&S Robo ISA where I can easily make monthly withdrawals ?

£20k to be invested mid April 2021.

I may be talking complete tosh but i think I recently read somewhere (and I haven't a clue where but it might've been hollyboringmoney) that the robo-platforms were under-performing vs traditional platforms etc.

Sorry I cannot be more specific but I thought I'd mention it just in case - maybe some Googling needed?

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks.

Bit disappointed - we thought that someone would waltz up the drive with a giant bouquet of flowers and one of those over-sized cheques you see on Children in Need etc. :laugh:
No, but I think you hear quicker if you win a big prize. Do you want your neighbours to know you've won a million quid?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
3 months on the spin I've struck out. They slashed the prize fund last month to be 1%, down from 1.4%

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm currently running the ISA / Premium Bond experiment, in that since early December I've had the same amount in each.
Both equally ungainful so far.
Best investment I ever made was buying Airbus shares when I worked there. Paid about £800, and before the market crashed last year they were worth about £10000. Now down to £7000 or so, but they'll go back up.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Looking at people’s holdings vs winnings, premium bonds are not worth it unless you invest a considerable amount?
According to Money Saving Expert, £10K is the minimum amount you'll see a return based on 'typical luck'.
(there's a video somewhere in the first few pages of this thread explaining it)

I've just invested £500... but I'm not in it to win it. It's just somewhere safe to squirrel away some cash for when i need it.

Top Bottom