Prescription cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have looked at the optilabs site, I can't see where you add your prescription?

Also how do you ask for the sample box?

Once you proceed to the checkout it will ask you for your prescription details.

You will also need to give your PD (Pupil Distance) measurement, which isn't usually on your normal prescription. You have to ask your usual opticians for it. Some are very funny about giving you the information

Johnno260

Veteran
Once you proceed to the checkout it will ask you for your prescription details.

You will also need to give your PD (Pupil Distance) measurement, which isn't usually on your normal prescription. You have to ask your usual opticians for it. Some are very funny about giving you the information

only as they know you're going somewhere use for glasses, issue being most high street opticians are expensive, which I understand they have the running costs to pay for.

thanks for the answer as well, I will try and get the PD from mine and see if they tell me to get lost.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think it's more that they have to give you the information if you ask. But if you don't ask, they won't volunteer it. My optician was absolutely fine with giving me that measurement.

Some are ok, Specsavers, some are not. Optical Express, who point blank refused.

Johnno260

Veteran
you are "with them"? They own your eyes? Don't tell me they signed you up to a legally stitched up "total vision solution" package.

As in they have my prescription, so if others have had issues asking for measurements, stands to reason they will be the same with me.

I will still ask politely.

I tried Evil Eye inserts, but they were a nuisance on cold damp days/nights, steaming up between the insert and the outer lens.
Maybe in time you will find yourself in my happy situation - eyes changed with age and I no longer need prescription lenses for distance. Hello cheap and perfectly good Aldi glasses. I do need reading glasses though for important stuff - reading, cyclechat, peering at the strength of beer on beer pumps.

As in they have my prescription, so if others have had issues asking for measurements, stands to reason they will be the same with me.

I will still ask politely.
I'd ask politely (never does any harm) then get seriously bolshie if they tried any funny business.

Johnno260

Veteran
Is all the info I need here?

Attachments

• IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom