Prescription cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Interestring thread.

My prescription is -5.75(L), -6.5(R).

I commute in an old pair of reactorlite glasses.

I use contacts at the weekend, along with sunglasses, for long rides.

I'd never considered prescription cycling glasses because I'd assumed the thickness of the lenses (for my prescription) would bee too thick (I would only consider reactorlite lenses). Plus the cost (£200+ for lenses only).

potsy

Rambler
Interestring thread.

My prescription is -5.75(L), -6.5®.

I commute in an old pair of reactorlite glasses.

What optician do you use?

My prescription is slightly lower than yours and was told they couldn't do them that high.
Thinking back I'm wondering if it was because I wanted rimless ones? Maybe in a fuller frame they woud be OK?

400bhp

Guru
What optician do you use?

My prescription is slightly lower than yours and was told they couldn't do them that high.
Thinking back I'm wondering if it was because I wanted rimless ones? Maybe in a fuller frame they woud be OK?

D&A in Sale (although I bought the glasses from Costco).

Yes, I think you would struggle with rimless reactorlite/Transitions and a prescription like yours. In fact I seem to recall Costco telling me I couldn't have rimless and Transitions.

potsy

Rambler
Cheers. I use D&A in Alty and am due an eye test so will see what they say, I also get 50% off glasses as part of my CL subscription :thumbsup:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I looked around for about 6 months, 2 years ago. I couldn't find any at reasonable price. I get my normal glasses from Specsavers and the spent 3 months with some on order for me to look at but they couldn't get hold of any models. Went into Vision Express a found these WindRams. They seemed OK so I ordered some with my prescription. They came at £100 all in. Quite light but not perfect, a little poor peripheral vision but acceptable. Specsavers say they can't get different inserts if my eyes change so will have to go back to Vision Express if and when.

I'm short sighted but don't need them to read, and have to take glasses off to read comfortably, so have never considered lenses. How would lenses be for me?

Speedobum

If you want something customised try these, they can be fitted with any lens you wish including photochromic lenses. http://www.kontrolsports.co.uk/p/15...stom-kontrol/prescription-stratos/details.asp

Top Bottom