Pressing Alt and F4?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I've seen this mentioned in a couple of places and I get the feeling it won't be a good thing.

Seeing as I be chicken, how about you trying it? :biggrin:

SamNichols

Doesn't bother me, I use Apple. For me it brings up the sound effect menu.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I don't think that it'll bring up my sound effect menu. What would it do?

Dancing girls?
Electric shock?
Automatically copies your hard drive to your Mother?

Carwash

Señor Member
longers said:
I've seen this mentioned in a couple of places and I get the feeling it won't be a good thing.

Seeing as I be chicken, how about you trying it? :biggrin:

In Windows, it quits the current program. That's all.

SamNichols

Arrgh, I've forgotten the key combination that puts all apple computers' displays into negative mode. That was a great way of pissing everybody off, as noone knew how to put it back.

Pete

Press and hold ALT just before F4. In Windows: generally harmless, it will close the active window (the one which has a darker-coloured (usually blue) top line. But if you have an unsaved file in that window, it should always prompt you for saving the file or not, before closing. The real damage is done at that point, if you click NO when you meant YES, or vice versa. No way of backing out! If you don't have an active window (e.g. if the last thing you clicked on was the taskbar) then it will bring up the Windows close-down menu, but even then you get a chance to back out. HTH.

Carwash

Señor Member
From one Apple user to another...

SamNichols said:
Arrgh, I've forgotten the key combination that puts all apple computers' displays into negative mode. That was a great way of pissing everybody off, as noone knew how to put it back.

...I think you want 'Ctrl-Option-Command-8'.

:biggrin:

Pete

Jaded said:
Pete, I think we need a bit more detail.
:biggrin: I can assure you, Jaded, I have met people who need that level of detail! Admittedly, not often to be found lurking on the internet, let alone on a forum.... Is the old "'P' on your keyboard, Bob" joke still doing the rounds?

Top Bottom