Prettiest CX bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
And I thought you all was going to point out it was a 29er (not that I know what the difference is as it says you could run 700c as well

VamP

Banned
A cassette with more than 27t, if you have a double, anything more than a 25t with a compact. Also, when my 26t or 27t (I don't even know what is on there) gets swapped for a 25t, the new rule will be anything with more than 25t = pussy plate!

:laugh:

My cross wheels carry a 28 as the bottom gear, that's with a single chainring @36. For the Three Peaks next year I am going to fit the biggest pussy plate my mech will handle, but stick with the single up front. Range 11 - 32??

VamP

Banned
Thats gorgeous Mr V..... the far forward saddle position looks a little odd but im sure its like this for good reason.... :thumbsup:

Tip of the saddle 20 mm behind bottom bracket. All my bikes have this position, it's where I get the best power delivery.

Thanks for the compliment.

sazzaa

Saw the new 2014 Focus Mares 1.0 in the local dealer yesterday:

Main.jpg

In a showroom full of high end Pinarello's this was actually getting MORE attention.....me likey a lot. What shocked me the most was the weight, it's so light.

Ugly.

Howard

I love dem Focus rigs. Hawt.

The Niner is a gravel bike apparently. Not supposed to be a CX race bike, hence the curious chainset / rear mech arrangement.

@VamP I run 39/12-28. Which I'm training into ;)

With a short cage mech I suspect you could get away with 12-34. The short cage SRAM on my bike will take 11-36 if that's your bag. Your's looks like a long cage som bung on anything that you like.

tigger

Über Member
Me too, I was going to post the link too after getting their email today. Flandrian and cyclocross is just right. Ridley offered a similar paint job a couple of years ago.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Have just taken delivery of this beauty, which seems worth resurrecting the thread for...
crux.jpg

Unfortunately, it's not mine, just borrowed for a photoshoot, but I'm hoping to do at least a couple of races on it. The colour is incredible - they call it 'acid pink'. In the publicity shots on the Specialized website, it looks a bit dark, but in real life it's really punchy. Nicely specced too, with SRAM Rival 1x and Roval SLX 24 wheels.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Have just taken delivery of this beauty, which seems worth resurrecting the thread for...
View attachment 365524

Unfortunately, it's not mine, just borrowed for a photoshoot, but I'm hoping to do at least a couple of races on it. The colour is incredible - they call it 'acid pink'. In the publicity shots on the Specialized website, it looks a bit dark, but in real life it's really punchy. Nicely specced too, with SRAM Rival 1x and Roval SLX 24 wheels.

Yowser!

SWSteve

Guru
View attachment 365524

What happens to the bikes after your time with them?

Top Bottom