Prettiest CX bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

I'm a bit in love with this colour at the moment.

vapour-disc.jpg

Have just purchased one of these. EXCITED.

Stunning photo of Kevin Pauwels ripping on his X-Night during todays GP Neerpelt...

2013-cyclocross-neerpelt-6-kevin-pauwels-1024x682.jpg

VamP

Banned
Sven tries out discs! And to help celebrate this momentous event here is the bike. The Prestige is a lovely frame whatever way you slice it, but it does look particularly fetching with the WC stripes

nys disks.jpg

What did he think of the brakes?

''The difference [in weight] is about two bottles of water, and it's not all in the brakes," Nys said. "It's an adapted frame which is strengthened. It's too much. Too much to run up a climb with that bike on your back."

Not sold it seems.

Howard

Can't agree with you on that being a lovely frame. Every time I look at a Colnago CX frame my eyes bleed.

Isn't two bottles of water about 2kg? What did they put in the hoses? Lead?

VamP

Banned
Can't agree with you on that being a lovely frame. Every time I look at a Colnago CX frame my eyes bleed.

Isn't two bottles of water about 2kg? What did they put in the hoses? Lead?

No I like Colnagos. Always have always will. There's a lad in our league races two identical Prestiges, gives me major bike envy.

I think he said 1kg difference, so two 500 ml bottles. Who am I to question Sven?

How's the steelie? On the mend?

Howard

I like 'nags too - but I'm more of a fan of their steel frames with wacky paint. Can't get down with their CX bikes - perhaps it's because they are too ordinary looking.

The steelie is all better thanks - will be racing it at Luton this weekend.

VamP

Banned
I like 'nags too - but I'm more of a fan of their steel frames with wacky paint. Can't get down with their CX bikes - perhaps it's because they are too ordinary looking.

The steelie is all better thanks - will be racing it at Luton this weekend.

Good luck at Luton, I'm schlepping up to Fakenham this weekend...

The Couch

Über Member
I think he said 1kg difference, so two 500 ml bottles.
Indeed, he mentioned about 1kg of difference due to disc brakes because of the changes (inforcements?) needed in the frame.
Albert is saying with him it's only a difference of 300 - 500g.

So now the (conspiracy) theory is going around that Colnago wants to mess a bit with Nys (or not bother really anymore) because he's changing bike supplier in Jan '14.

More on topic... personally I relly like the colours/paint job on that Colnago bike

VamP

Banned
Schlepping...?
Are the winter kilos getting hold of you? :smile:
Or is it the kilos of settling down (having a baby)? :smile:

schlep
1. <verb> A very unpleasant or inconvenient journey of any distance.

This.

Fakenham is in deepest darkest Norfolk, and the most distant of our venues. I'm looking at a round trip of circa 4 hours.

Having said that, there are winter and baby kilos - most definitely :laugh: Well about one kilo so far. A bit like Sven! We have something in common :wub:

VamP

Banned
Indeed, he mentioned about 1kg of difference due to disc brakes because of the changes (inforcements?) needed in the frame.
Albert is saying with him it's only a difference of 300 - 500g.

So now the (conspiracy) theory is going around that Colnago wants to mess a bit with Nys (or not bother really anymore) because he's changing bike supplier in Jan '14.

More on topic... personally I relly like the colours/paint job on that Colnago bike

What's he changing to?

VamP

Banned
Saw the new 2014 Focus Mares 1.0 in the local dealer yesterday:

Main.jpg

In a showroom full of high end Pinarello's this was actually getting MORE attention.....me likey a lot. What shocked me the most was the weight, it's so light.

It's just like the old one on page 1! But ruined by disc brakes :whistle:

Top Bottom