Prince Charles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...one for each ear when he is droning on perhaps...

I know several people who've met him at various Prince's Trust, Duke of Edinburgh Award, etc things and they've all said how he impressed them as a decent bloke. Somewhat posh and obviously moving in different circles, but not rude or arrogant with it.

I remember reading something about how he went to some inner-city ghetto to visit a scheme for reformed drug dealers or something similar, he shooed his security out of the room because he wanted to talk to them alone, the security/bodyguards were then cr*pping themselves outside with Charlie alone in the room with a number of black gangstas, but after half an hour or so they all emerged swapping jokes.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's what I call character!

Contrast that with a story I heard about Diana on a visit to a school in Cheshire; apparently she spent a good 20 minutes of the visit in a huddle talking to someone on her cellphone while everybody else stood around like lemons.

andy_wrx said:
Somewhat posh and obviously moving in different circles,

What made you come to this conclusion? :biggrin:

Patrick Stevens said:
What made you come to this conclusion? :biggrin:

Well he's posher than me and I don't meet kings & presidents every other day...or inner-city gangstas either

NickM said:
Just arrogant enough to assume that anybody gives a toss what he thinks, simply because his mummy is Mrs E. Windsor. Prat. Not you, him.

I dunno - does he genuinely assume that everyone gives a toss because of 'Dieu et mon Droit' and 'Ich Dien' and all that other sh*te that monarchs of centuries ago had of having a Divine Right to rule ?
Or is it that there are lots of television and newspaper journalists trailing around after him and reporting on everything he says or does and then they tell us whether we want to know or not ?

Actually, I think I warmed to Charlie after that bit they caught on microphone, where he said how awful Nicholas Witchell was and how he coudn't abide him :biggrin:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Top Bottom