Private dental thoughts, experiences, opinions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Mine has been like this for 2 years, only just started to return back to none emergency treatment.
I managed to get an appointment last week, mainly to make sure I stay registered with them.

Well that's what concerns me but will keep trying to get a check up so they no i am alive and see what happens i suppose

I attend a mixed dentist who do both private and nhs.

I’m a good case study as I lost part of my front teeth due to injury as a teenager.

I had composites fitted for a number of years under NHS but they failed and looked horrible. The etching takes away some teeth each time so there are only so many times it can be done.
Veneers were not an option as they can’t handle the biting force with a damaged tooth, so it was crowns.

As it is your front teeth, you can either go for a traditional crown which is metal with an overlay and risk having a black line around your gums or have a ceramic or porcelain crown fitted. I opted for Emaxx crowns as they are more “natural” and have a 5 year guarantee to them.

The process of fitting a crown is:
Consultation and scan,
Tooth preparation and temporary crown
Fit new crown,
Follow up to ensure all ok.

It’s painful and about 4hours work in total.
The consultation is between £50-£70 and then each crown is between £600-£700.
I had four crowns in total, two for structural reasons and two for cosmetic reasons to remove twisted teeth appearance and a short tooth.

Attachments

• 06D45192-3CD6-4EA5-AE45-B699F58C1023.jpeg
    06D45192-3CD6-4EA5-AE45-B699F58C1023.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I remembered yesterday that the dentist I saw the day before said it was possible for him to remove any of my teeth that are beyond saving. I don't have any in such a state, but I was told a few years ago by a maxillofacia surgeon at Blackburn Hospital that under no circumstances should I have a tooth extracted unless it's done at the hospital by him or one of his team. Serious question! Are some private dentists prepared to put profit before patients welfare? 🤔

Edit...I've also just remembered that the private dentist I saw 3 years ago and the NHS dentist I saw the other week said tooth extraction for me was only possible if done at a hospital.

Last edited:
Top Bottom