Pro Racing pub quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Who was the last yellow jersey to ride away from the whole Tour de France, and win the stage, on an échappé longer than just a final climb?

Indurain?

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Indurain?

I don't recall him doing any successful (or otherwise) long lone breaks while in yellow, although he may have ridden away on a final climb in yellow.....

Oscar Pereiro?

edit - bollocks, just submitted reply and then realised he didn't win the breakway which resulted in him winning the Tour

And he wasn't in yellow either!

To be clear, I mean successful long lone breaks by the yellow jersey (not just the guy who ended up winning the Tour).

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
What about Carlos Sastre? I'm fairly sure he went on the offensive when in yellow.

To be honest I'm probably just going to keep posting all the names of Tour winners until I get it right ;)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Who was the last yellow jersey to ride away from the whole Tour de France, and win the stage, on an échappé longer than just a final climb?

What about Carlos Sastre? I'm fairly sure he went on the offensive when in yellow.

To be honest I'm probably just going to keep posting all the names of Tour winners until I get it right ;)

@Marmion - good idea

Fignon

Was it Landis?

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
OK, my comment above re Pereiro reminded me that he won the overall GC without having won a stage; there are 5 other riders who have won the overall but not won a stage in the year they won the overall - but 4 of them won stages in other years.

There is only one rider who won the overall and who never won a single stage at the Tour...who?

I'll think of some more non-Tour questions later....

Archie

Errrr.....
Top Bottom