Pro team water bottle collection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Sunnyspain said:
Sorry heart attack but I'm not into wasting time on photos of bottles-I spent enough time & energy collecting them. If you want them they're available-if you don't no problem. I just hope somebody does. repeat-NO CHARGE-I'm not after money, just want to clear the garage floor. & get my wife off my back.

come on folks let's play nice, Sunnyspain this a remarkably generous offer. Could we whip together and arrange a courier/shipper to collect them all? They'd turn up, package and transport them, we just need an idea of volume?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Working in the transport industry I could sort something out with regards to transport for probably not a lot of money and will make enquiries as to potential cost for moving them as 1 lot back to the UK. The advantage here is that I could hold in our warehouse and then despatch to people as required. Will revert

mr-marty-martin

yeah we realise its a great offer butyou cant be to carefull these days, a pic of all the bottles ( jst 1 pic, not all them sepretly ) will make sure were not getting jipped off.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Initial enquiries are that for 1 pallet space back to UK would be GBP 160.00 so based on 800 bottles GBP 0.20 each to UK

well I see this thread is back again, OK SS was away on holiday but no pictures or anything other than a quick post, I'd like to say I'm in but I think its a scam at his end, free or not we'd be spending our money on something we haven't seen, and to be honest I'd also like to know where he managed to collect 800 bottles as I can't see short of nicking them you can't collect that many at the side of the road following the tours.

When something seems too good to be true it normally is and this doesn't ring right, so I'm out unless these land over here and then maybe, but I'm not that desperate for bottles

OP
OP
S

Sunnyspain

HeartAttack said:
well I see this thread is back again, OK SS was away on holiday but no pictures or anything other than a quick post, I'd like to say I'm in but I think its a scam at his end, free or not we'd be spending our money on something we haven't seen, and to be honest I'd also like to know where he managed to collect 800 bottles as I can't see short of nicking them you can't collect that many at the side of the road following the tours.

When something seems too good to be true it normally is and this doesn't ring right, so I'm out unless these land over here and then maybe, but I'm not that desperate for bottles

My, you really must have been bitten badly in the past-you are so cynical. Yes it's easy to collect that many bottles-I live in the Basque area of Spain where cycling is the No1 sport (Samu Sanchez lives a few doors away). As an ex racer & still rider I use the races as an excuse for a ride-I ride to the race, watch the race, collect the disgarded bottles & ride home. Multiply by the number of races per year over here (dozens in my area-too many to attend all) & by the number of years I've been here (20) & you can see how easy it is to collect so many. I only collect as many as I can carry back home by bike, which limits me a lot (thank goodness says my wife).
I went to the tour in Cataluña & collected 18 bottles in one day, tour of the Basque country I went to 4 stages & collected loads of bottles,etc, etc-some I'm using, some have already been sent to racing friends in UK-BUT THAT STILL LEAVES ME WITH 5 HUGE BAGS FULL TO DISPOSE OF.

I will be more than happy to ship the lot to you-then see what your wife says.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How desperate do you have to be to want a secondhand bidon which has been flung into the undergrowth at high speed? They're not that expensive and they last me a long time.
Que sera though;)

OP
OP
S

Sunnyspain

photo

photo

ChrisKH

Guru
I have thought of a better solution. Can we not send ilovebikes and Radius down to Spain for a weekly return Mouseketeer jaunt and they can bring them back tied to their backs?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
ChrisKH said:
Apologise you cynics you. And in Ikea bags no less. :biggrin:

those Ikea bags are superb, we've got 4 and I've used them for all sorts, all the way to taking rubble to the tip.

Well I'm up for splitting this, 4F arranges collection and then ships out at this end. We all have to agree that, regardless, we split cost equally, 4F can't be out of pocket.

Top Bottom