Problem with inner tube size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmytarnat

Hi I'm new here, 1st post so be gentle please lol.
I've got a carrera Parva Ltd hybrid bike, it's got 27.5" wheels, and I've bought some new tyres to improve its road manners.
The tyres I've bought are continental contact speed and are 27.5 " x 1.25"
My problem is trying to find an innertube to fit.
The original ones are 27.5 x 1.95 so too big, and I'll be damned if Google can find me the right ones.
I've been to Halfrauds and they were useless.
So please if anyone on here can help me then please do so.
Thanks
Jimmy

OneArmedBandit

Search for 650b which is slightly more common but I think you will struggle to get less than 1.5". It should still be okay though.

Buy plenty as you don't want to get a ruined tube and need one from a shop!

Are yout sure they are too big? I mean have you physically tried it with your tyre?

When I had mountain bikes the size on the inner tube box had a kind of tolerance in respect of the tyres it was compatibe with.

For example it might say on the box 195 to 225.

I get that maybe you are struggling to find a smaller size at the moment.

U

User6179

I would be surprised if a 26 inch tube didnt stretch and fit, I am sure my Schwalbe tubes fit different sized wheels.

OP
OP
J

jimmytarnat

Are yout sure they are too big? I mean have you physically tried it with your tyre?

When I had mountain bikes the size on the inner tube box had a kind of tolerance in respect of the tyres it was compatibe with.

For example it might say on the box 195 to 225.

I get that maybe you are struggling to find a smaller size at the moment.
Yeah the tube is bigger than the tyre, I'm going from a quite big tyre to what is basically a road bike tyre.

Alan O

Über Member
Hi I'm new here, 1st post so be gentle please lol.
Welcome :okay:

Top Bottom