"Proper cyclists"; give it a rest!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
No reasonable person would defend the right of anyone to verbally assault their fellow human, so why should we tolerate visual assault by people who make no effort to conform with current fashion norms in public?

:smile:

What's so bad about verbal assault all of a sudden?

Nation of mamby pambies.
dandy-horse.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
Like i said - not all golfers do

camilo_spiderman_1.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Your point is??

Is he all golfers or just one golfer making his own fashion statement, by wearing whatever he god damn likes and feels comfortable wearing.

To many posters on this thread need to look in a mirror and look at what they see and recognise that they are their own person, in charge of their own destiny and can make their own lifestyle choices. Rather than being someone who condemns others for the choices they make.

Peace out

Last edited:

mythste

Veteran
Your point is??

Is he all golfers or just one golfer making his own fashion statement, by wearing whatever he god damn likes and feels comfortable wearing.

To many on this need to look in a mirror and look at what they see and recognise that they are their own person, in charge of their own destiny and can make their own lifestyle choices. Rather than being someone who condemns others for the choices they make.

Peace out

Testify.

Tin Pot

Guru
Your point is??

To many posters on this thread need to look in a mirror and look at what they see and recognise that they are their own person, in charge of their own destiny and can make their own lifestyle choices. Rather than being someone who condemns others for the choices they make.

Peace out

Rubbish!

There's nothing wrong with jibes and jokes about the way people dress - have a laugh and chill out!
Pensar_Golf_13.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
I go past those flats on the 836 Sheffield to Huddersfield train on tuesdays. Give us a wave next week.
They've pulled the block, where they found the body, down last year.
Might have a brief appearance in next weeks. Non speaking part, just appearing out of a local graveyard in the early hours, dressed in black.

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
Sorry but I can't see what's wrong with that...Also recently I bought a pair of DIMEX shorts with lycra underneath of which I removed.I'm only commuting,not doing the Tour de blasted France.

If there's no pictures, it didn't happen :P

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Who gives a shoot about current fashion norms......we wear lycra for god sake
"We"??
But I thought ...............
Too many posters on this thread need to look in a mirror and look at what they see and recognise that they are their own person, in charge of their own destiny and can make their own lifestyle choices.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm going to say, that the day the fun is removed from cycling, I might!! consider myself a "proper cyclist".
At which point I'll give up cycling.

MiK1138

Veteran
The one thing guaranteed to put me off cycling is the ever increasing number of comments from supposed cycling buddies referring to my refusal to conform to what they see as "proper cyclists".
I don't wear a helmet; I sometimes wear lycra shorts but never without something else over them; I tried clipless pedals but for various reasons didn't like them - so I wear trainers. Forgive me Lord, but sometimes I even wear jeans on my bike if I'm not going far.

I manage to do about 3500 miles per year on 3 different bikes (a Tricross, a Secteur, and a Trek MTB), including some touring at home and abroad. So why do the weekend warriors with all the kit feel that they are being helpful by suggesting that I would benefit from their advice regarding what I wear on a bike?
I confess that they do put me off cycling to a certain extent, but being a stubborn individual I would rather avoid the people involved rather than become one of the uniformed victims of fashion.
I enjoy being a utility cyclist - I am not interested in speed, or how I look. A proper cyclist only needs one thing IMHO, and that is a bike! So give it a rest, ya nobbers :banghead:.

Simple Flow chart to determine propernessness of a cyclist
do you have a bike
|_______|
YES ------NO
|_________|
Do you ride it Why Not?
_|_______|
YES ---------- NO
|_________ |
Proper Cyclist Why Not?

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
"We"??
But I thought ...............
i wear it for my won choice, not because someone tells me its the in thing and fashion norm

for me its because i'm comfortable on the bike when wearing it........but i also wear baggies over my lycra shorts when commuting to work and see nothing wrong with doing so

Top Bottom