"Proper cyclists"; give it a rest!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Rubbish!

There's nothing wrong with jibes and jokes about the way people dress - have a laugh and chill out!
Pensar_Golf_13.jpg
i wonder if you would say that if your child came home from school crying, because he had been bullied in school for what he was wearing??? or your daughter because of her prom dress.........

would you tell them its ok, just chill out..........i'm guessing you wouldn't

classic33

Leg End Member
Simple Flow chart to determine propernessness of a cyclist
do you have a bike
|_______|
YES ------NO
|_________|
Do you ride it Why Not?
_|_______|
YES ---------- NO
|_________ |
Proper Cyclist Why Not?
Fail at the first one!
Brox.JPG

Reactions: mjr

classic33

Leg End Member
i wonder if you would say that if your child came home from school crying, because he had been bullied in school for what he was wearing??? or your daughter because of her prom dress.........

would you tell them its ok, just chill out..........i'm guessing you wouldn't
What has that last part got to do with either cycling in general, or golf. And the attire worn for either activity?
Speaking as someone who was bullied, but hit back at school, for what was being worn. Not always a choice, conditions dictated it. Bit hard wear shoes for instance when your ankle is bandaged up.

jowwy

What has that last part got to do with either cycling in general, or golf. And the attire worn for either activity?
Speaking as someone who was bullied, but hit back at school, for what was being worn. Not always a choice, conditions dictated it. Bit hard wear shoes for instance when your ankle is bandaged up.
because tinpots comment was - "There's nothing wrong with jibes and jokes about the way people dress - have a laugh and chill out!"

It's not for modesty, for me its for warmth at this time of year. I don't think runners give a feck what they look like.
I have a fantastic undergarment called a 'bun toaster', no idea how it works but it does...
http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Sugoi_Womens_MidZero_Bun_Toaster/descpage-SWMZBTF.html
Hasten to add it was bought from a 'cycling' shop but I actually wear it more often when not on the bike and it appears to be a runner's item! (Not sure if they do a men's version, it is quite tight...)

classic33

Leg End Member
and thats why i said - would he say the same if it was his child or him being bullied in that way......
Certain that's what you said?

I answered, attempted to answer your question and its been thrown back at me. No attempt made to answer points raised.

The cows will be home in around five hours, feel free to argue your point with anyone who'll answer.

jowwy

Certain that's what you said?

I answered, attempted to answer your question and its been thrown back at me. No attempt made to answer points raised.

The cows will be home in around five hours, feel free to argue your point with anyone who'll answer.
maybe you need to read my post again.....cause thats exactly what i said.......

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The one thing guaranteed to put me off cycling is the ever increasing number of comments from supposed cycling buddies referring to my refusal to conform to what they see as "proper cyclists".
I don't wear a helmet; I sometimes wear lycra shorts but never without something else over them; I tried clipless pedals but for various reasons didn't like them - so I wear trainers. Forgive me Lord, but sometimes I even wear jeans on my bike if I'm not going far.

I manage to do about 3500 miles per year on 3 different bikes (a Tricross, a Secteur, and a Trek MTB), including some touring at home and abroad. So why do the weekend warriors with all the kit feel that they are being helpful by suggesting that I would benefit from their advice regarding what I wear on a bike?
I confess that they do put me off cycling to a certain extent, but being a stubborn individual I would rather avoid the people involved rather than become one of the uniformed victims of fashion.
I enjoy being a utility cyclist - I am not interested in speed, or how I look. A proper cyclist only needs one thing IMHO, and that is a bike! So give it a rest, ya nobbers :banghead:.
it's just one of those things that 'gear freaks' do... they spend as much time reading about 'gear' as they do shopping for 'gear', and spend too much time talking about how great their choices of 'gear' are.

A few years ago i went for a walk up Castle Crag with a couple of mates. One, a total 'gear freak' couldn't believe that i wore jeans instead of 'proper walking pants' from Mountain fecking Warehouse or wherever he'd bought his 'proper walking pants' from. Great bloke but by the twentieth time he'd expressed how he couldn't believe that i'd gone for a walk with the wrong pants on... i really was getting tempted to push him off the crag.

Top Bottom